Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air bag suspension hopefully

air bag suspension hopefully

Hi everyone I have not posted in a while But I just wanted to let eveyone who might be intrested in installing drop spindles for the fiero base kit . I met a guy yesterday that was cleaning my windows at home and he used to do lowride suspensions for cars and trucks and he has a lot of stuff left over in his garage .Well to make a long story short he said this weekend he is going to bring me all the stuff to do my front end ,and we will make a list of everything that is needed for the front end to go up and down with the flip of a switch he is guessing about $300.00 maybe less maybe a little more .I will keep every body informed .Oh and I just ordered my 2"drop spindels yesturday from street dreams . They should be here in Phx.Az.first part of next week.I am so excited If I had a tail it would be waggin ;D
    1BadF40 And now runnin with the Devil

Re:air bag suspension hopefully

Please do keep us updated on this! ANYTHING to keep my precious nose off the speed bumps and dips would be a lifesaver. I'm sure others are hoping this works for you also. Are you putting this on a stock Fiero or a kit? 8)

Hey, a fellow Phoenecian. I take it this is going on an F-40?
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KitKar
    Hey, a fellow Phoenecian. I take it this is going on an F-40?
    Hey howdaya know it was going on a F-40? .Hey kitkar where in phx are you ?I am just off of 12 th st. and northern.

Maybe because of your signature, "1BadF40" ;D

Oh Larry,you can bet I will keep every body up on whay is going on.For me this is one of the best things that I am going to be doing to my car in a long while , I hope that it will improve the looks of the F-40 kit I was never really happy with the way it looked just parked. I just got done installing my front spoiler just a little while ago.and now it has to sit in my garage till I get it bagged. ;D There aint know way it would make it out of the driveway now when I used to pull in and out of the driveway I would scrape just enough to make me wince. I had 8" clearence before the spoiler went on now only 6" but that is still to high for my likeing. the front end sits pretty far from where the tires sit,so the nose comes up quick on the speed bumps and such before the front tires has a chance to pick it up.I Guess I will start takeing the spindels off tommorow night.Oh and my guy tells me the springs will no longer be needed as the air bags take the place of the springs.It sounds almost to simple just basiclly 2 mounting brackets 1 for upper control arm 1 for lower control arm mount the bag to the bracket air lines compresser ,Air tank ,soelinoid, spindle and should be about it.This should be a walk in the park for every body else once I get the parts list

Quote Originally Posted by FREf355
    [/DOH smacks head

dumb question but im still a newbie so was wondering whats the difference between air bags ans air compressors? is there any difference between the two? thanks for any help

The air compressor compresses the air into the air bags.

Quote Originally Posted by FREf355
    Yeah that was it.
    I'm in west phoenix. The shop is off I-10 and 51st ave. Saturday night is Pontiac night at the Scottsdale Pavilions. You should hold off removing the spindles and show off your F-40 there.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg