Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F355 Spyder Rocker panel lenght?

Ferrari F355 Spyder Rocker panel lenght?

Hi,

I would like to ask the forum what is the lenght of the separate rocker panel for a 3" strech kit. I purchase an used kit that requires a 3" strech (rocker and door are a single piece) and I purchase the separate rockers from one of the member at this forum (Glen, if you are reading this post let me know if the rocker you sold me is for a 3" strech kit or non-strech kit) and when I measured against my kit, it seems little short. I would appreciate if someone can give me the lenght of the rocker panel for a 3" strech kit. My rocker panels measure 67" in total lenght.

Thanks,
    AK

Re:Ferrari F355 Spyder Rocker panel lenght?

The rockers you purchased from Glenn Goodman are the correct size and will bolt onto a 355 as a replacement for the OEM rocker panel. They are light weight replacements for the 355 Challenge cars.

How do I know, he got them from me. I got them from Jim Carpenter in Phoenix, AZ.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

AK

I measured my OEM rockers, and I will agree with your findings that they are VERY close to 67" from end to end.

Here is some additional info.

The length of the OEM door from end to end (measured at the bottom of the doorscoop) is ~ 45 3/4" It's just a hair longer, maybe 1/32"

The length of the OEM quarter from end to end (measured where the top of the rocker sets in the quarter) is ~ 17 3/4 It may be just a hair shorter, 1/32" or so.

The length of my fender from end to end (measured at the bottom where the rocker meets) is about 3" or so.

So that adds up to 66 1/2". Add in 1/4" for a gap between the door and the quarter, and another 1/4" between the door and the fender, and that will put you right at 67"

The rockers are good. If your parts add up to 70" like you say, you can compare your parts to the measurements I gave you to see what part is off. You could either take material off or lengthen the rocker. Or sell them.

I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunetly the OEM rockers will not fit. The rockers need to be 69 1/4". As for the panels from the indentation (line) to the rocker on the rear fender is 12.5" and on the front fender from the line to the rocker is 11.5". What I did is cut the rockers from the door, back, and front fenders. Then fiberglassed them into one piece. Fairly simple but time consuming. I am moving so I packed all my pics of the process but I will try to take some new pics of what it looks like finished.

Since your in Corona I could unbolt the rocker that I did drive down and show you what I had glassed. At the same time I could help you out I got some extra fiberglass and reisin that I was going to throw away. I live in Glendale now but I just bought a house in Bloomington (next to Fontana) so it's not that far of a drive. Give me a buzz @ 323.707.2770 cell

I found old pics that I had posted a while back.

Fref355,

Thanks for you dimension...Here are my dimensions: The rear quarter panel measure 19", the door measures 47", and the front fender is at 3". Total = 69". With the require gaps, it should be around 69 1/4".

I guess I have the same kit as Gerard... Gerard, I would like to take a look at your car and also take your offer of the free fiberglass and resin. I will call you to make an appointment with you.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew:

It is pretty easy to make a rocker longer or shorter (shorter is easier). I had to add a little to my rocker on one side. It was about 5/8 inch too short. I made a fiberglass backer, cut the rocker in the area behind the door just ahead of the rear wheel well and made it longer to fit my car. The rocker I had was reconstructed from a 355 that had been wrecked. Someone didn't check the un-smashed version to see if the length was correct.

Dave