Thread: Key blanks

Key blanks

I'm making some progress on prancing horse logo key blanks that will be the same size as original Fiero keys. Looks like I may have 2 options. The black plastic covered style will cost a lot more. They may be able to make them with no plastic cover but I am not sure yet on what these would look like. I'm waiting on info on this style yet. These would be the later style key blanks used in the 87-88 Fiero. If you have a 84-86 you would need to change to the 87-88 lock/ignition sets. I may also do the ignition blank in the black plastic cover style and the trunk/doors with no cover. I'm waiting on more info yet to see what I will do. If the no cover design looks like it may look good I'll do both with no cover and the price will be much less. One change I will be making though is they will have a hole instead of the long slot for the key ring. It looks like I will be making them though. I still need to determine what style to do.

Re:Key blanks

Why not get a Ferrari lock set and ignition switch and put it in your car? The door locks mount the same way as the GM locks. You only need to figure out the steering column.

Then you have the real stuff.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Funny, u sayin that an OEM ferrari ignition switch is a plug and play for the fiero steering column, including the steering column lock ? I'd be VERY interested in how to make this happen

I will be intrested in either way you decide to go.Preferebly with plastic.How expensive are you talking?
    1BadF40 And now runnin with the Devil

Go with the style that looks closest to OEM. I like the oem f355 key myself. Make your judgment on style and class, not cost. If it's too expensive for someone, then they can buy the cheesy key that is out there already.

I'd like to see a key with a black cover and a shiny chrome looking hose embedded in it.

I know the 355 door locks mount the same as the Fiero with the clip. I am not sure of how the steering column lock would work. I wonder how much a complete steering column for a 355 might cost?

This could get expensive eh!

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.