Thread: how much does it cost to ship a kit car?????

how much does it cost to ship a kit car?????

hi , im wondering how much does shipping cost for a kit car? what shipping companys are good on price and reliable? say from louisiana to maryland? ???

Re:how much does it cost to ship a kit car?????

I belive it's in the neighberhood of $600,but Im not positive about that.There are a couple listed in the automotive section on e-bay.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

I think if you’re shipping it all at one time it will be less expensive than in parts. I have done both. From Florida to Michigan was $635.00. Be careful on your shipper. The will damage your car if proper set up is not done before loading it on a truck. If the car is really nice and you have some mad cash, Horseless Carriage is a good source for covered delivery rather than open haulers you see driving down the road full of Fords etc.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

it all depends if its running or not mine was non-running from new york to cal was around $900 then i had to sell it cause of the divorce and i sold it back to a guy in new york still non-running was $700 in a closed truck so it depends alot on the shippers :-\.

: I paid around $600 for and running,,,,non-finished,,,,countach to go from Los Angeles to St. Louis. This was a little over a year ago, on an open carrier.

Here is the link to the thread and phone number of the guy I used as broker.
    http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...sg3846#msg3846
    8)

I had a fiero ship from richmond, va. to dallas, tx. (door to door) for $800. kind of expensive if you ask me.

toms...

You guys are getting off cheap! I paid $1400.00 to ship my kit from Idaho to New York. This was an enclosed shipment- maybe that explains the price, at least in part. Driver had problems off-loading, because of the low ground clearance. cracked the front air dam. Additional $300.00 to fix.

I paid about 600 from Atlanta - Austin TX. The car was just as it is in my sig below and running. For some reason the gas tank was empty though...? Hmmmmm I guess the guy didn't know the tank was really empty when it said 1/4. The front air dam had a little chip knocked out.... It would seem pretty typical for shipping these cars.

ALSO.... The moron forgot to close the doors good so when he drove through the massive rains and floods in Houston, the car got SOAKED in the inside.

At delivery, I opened the door only to find a FRIGGIN 2" PUDDLE of water on both floorboards. The drains didn't work because of the angle of the car, so the water didn't drain until off the truck.

Anyhoo- the dude's name was "Rambo" but I can't think of the company he worked for. It was a non covered delivery. Just stay clear of Rambo!!!!!!