Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fiero Interior Options?

Fiero Interior Options?

Hey,
    Had a question about interior options for stock frame config. fiero kit cars...

I'm mainly looking for a kit that i can just install into the inside of my fiero rather then take an existing dash and adapt it to the fiero.

I know about the Firebird dashes... and if someone made that as a kit i would buy it in a heartbeat.

I'm not a big fan of the PISA style...euro dash...

I'm looking for an interior like the one in Top Gun's Callista Roadster... i would buy that from them although that is made for a convertible so the pillar pieces wouldn't fit and the door panels would be too big.

what other options are there for stock fiero interior replacement?

thanks

Re:Fiero Interior Options?

There are a few guys on here that can sell you or point you to someone that sells bolt on dash boards, like this guy. Complete kit,door,dash,console Scott Kovalik at kov@pacifier.com $1300-$1500. Me personally, I went to Jo Ann Fabric and picked up 1, 3 yard roll of grey Vinyl and 1 roll of head liner fabric and 3 yards of foam for under $45.00, plus a can of spray glue, I am going to be saving a few bucks and you can to if you think you can do it?
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Just remember, that not all interiors are covered with apolstery,so they look nothing like the fine interiors photos you may see on kit sights,most are just fiberglass pannels.Some kit cars supply the interior, but not all kit car manufacturers do.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Correction on that email address:

That's DKOV@Pacifier.com

One warning about doing your own upholstery.... well, a few actually.

1 - Don't use furniture upholstery or foam. It will not stay where you put it and it ends up looking inflated and fuffy. You loose the detail in the lines of the parts.

2 - The foam itself must be a thing, high density automotive upholstery foam that will not only hold the shape when glued onto the parts but will hold the upholstery as it's glued onto the foam.

3 - Many materials will "out gas" and/or shrink. Be sure to get the "whole" story on the materials you choose.

4 - Cheap Leather is not GOOD leather. The main reason that leather varies in price so much is because of the health and wellfare of the livestock it came from. A less expensive leather will show the scars of where the animal rubbed a barb wire fence or caught a nail or got bit by another animal. That will be on your Interior for LIFE. Either that, or you keep working hte materials around to hide the scars and end up buying more and throwing away the parts that just don't FIT well or are scarred. Not that they cost you any less.

5 - Remember that Leather comes from an walking, four legged animal, NOT a perfectly SQUARE animal that happens to be 56 inches long by 30 inches high. You will go through alot of material to get the pieces to fit properly.

In the end, you may be able to use store bought materials to upholster you interior and save some money. But do it RIGHT or it will not hold, look weak and cost you MORE as you continually replace it and eventually have it done professionally.

My COST on having one of our Interiors upholstered from a top quality CUSTOM Rod Shop is $1500 - $1700 depending on materials. When purchased WITH a kit, we discount the kit/upholstery so the net result is getting your upholstery for $1300. NOBODY can beat that. Not for OEM Ferrari Quality work.

Best,

DKOV -

these are the only interiors we have for our fieros? i would think with them being a lot of donors for kit cars and a lot of people fixing them up that there would be more options

since no one else will put out much info, i'll float my own boat

thats more like it!

Spyder, where did you get that interior?
    thanks

Here's one I'm working on, but it's not a kit.

This is a dash from a 2001 Grand Am. Not a swap for the weak at heart. Much more work than I figured on. Here's an up to date history of the progress: http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/043545.html
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

My Interior panels came from a company long gone in CA.
    But someone has started making them again.
    Check it out on Pennock's,
    http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/A...-1-018327.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiros88
    thats more like it!

Spyder, where did you get that interior?
    thanks