Thread: engine swap!!!!

engine swap!!!!

Hi guys I have a few questions. I am getting ready to purchase a 1987 fiero with a 2.5 in it and I would like to swap the engine for the six cylinder.What else would I need besides the engine?? The car is a five speed.What will I have to take off of the parts donor.Any help would be wonderful!!!!

Re:engine swap!!!!

Also grab the Fuel Pump and the Radiator. The 2.5 units can't handle the V6 needs. You'll need the motor mounts too. Grab the exhaust if you don't want to spring for a new or custom setup. The 2.5 exhaust is different.

Seems to me that the Throttle and Cruise control cables are different too.

Don't forget the ECU

That should about do it.

DKOV -

The time and money why are you going to do a small swap like that, for the time alone you could have put in a 3800SC?
    :
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

you know what, you are right I will just wait.Im going to be ripping the motor out in the future and either dropping in a V8 chevy or a super charged 3800 for my diablo kit.I just wanted to boost the car alittle for round the town cruisin!!!But thanks for giving me the run down.I thought it could be swapped with minimal expense.Is the 2.5 really slow???(I dont have the car yet,I just called the kid about the car to make sure its still there,he said yes so Ill be picking it up friday after I dig it out of the snow)lucky me. BUT I am a determained Diablo builder!!!!

Good luck, let me know when you are thinking about doing the swap or looking into a swap, I have info. on just about every swap out there. ;D
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

yo,
    that thing is cool looking!! I bet its quickl too