Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you like rear spoiler on the 360 modena?

Do you like rear spoiler on the 360 modena?

Dear all:

When it comes to the 360 Modena Ferrari, do you guys like the ones with the rear spoiler or ones without? I have been looking at some pictures of the real Modenas and I think the rear spoiler adds a good deal of looks to it. Without the spoiler, the rear looks pretty plain (kind of like the Murcielago which also looks pretty darn plain in the rear). I guess this post is just some excuse to post some pictures that I found that I thought looked interesting:

By the way, does anyone know if the rear spoiler in this picture is stock? Just curious. P.s. The reason I got interested in the Modena was that I saw some on Ebay as kit cars that are based on the MR2 platform. I am still not brave enough yet to go with a fiero. However, that may change, as I learn more about the Fiero :-)

pic:

now without spoiler:

now a murcielago. Note the plain rear end:

sincerely moser

Re:Do you like rear spoiler on the 360 modena?

I don't believe that the spoiler is a factory option for the modena or spider. There probably is a carbon fiber spoiler option for the challenge car, but I doubt it looks like that picture.

Thats probably an aftermarket product.

FREf355: Hi. How is it going. Thx for the reply. I suspected that it may not be factory because that car was the only car that I have found to have the spoiler.

None-the-less, don;t you think that it looks great? Leave it to the general public to come up with a demand for an aftermarket part that ends up improving the plain looks of the factory car! :-). I think it adds to the good looks of the modena. I wouldn't mind putting a spoiler in the kit car of my future. What do you think? Do you agree that the original factory Modena has a pretty plain back end?

How about the murcielago? Don't you thnk it could probably use a wing or something in the back to get it away from looking like a firebird from the profile shot? Just curious. (don't mean to disparage the good ol Murcielago, but really, from a profile shot, the rear end resembles like a firebird or some other American car that i cant think of the name of, but I think the T.V. show Knight Rider car looks kind of like that). I think it could use some wings.

Just some of my random thoughts.

sicerely Moser.

I think it looks great! But I love rear spoilers on just about any car.
    1BadF40 And now runnin with the Devil

gratuitously, here is my Prelude Si with rear spoiler:

And here is the Black six speed Legend GS 1995 with type II engine 230 hp without spoiler.

thx for looking. (even though they are not kit cars).

sincerely.

It's funny how people are. People see what they want to see, and it's usually the first thing that comes to mind.

For instance, I showed this pic to someone and her response was "It looks like a corvette."

I just about lost it.

just a word of warning:

a. the 360 kit has long been killed by ferrari, and you just
    wont find one.

b. it was for the new MR2 MK3, which costs at least $16k at
    the moment :-\
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

yeah, i hate how many ppl say that the rear lights remind them of a corvette...i've herd it too >
    how does ferrari know about the kit makers?
    there is a modena spider just down the street from me
    its red, i wish i knew how to make a mold i would offer him
    money to make a mold...its just sitting in his garauge doin
    nothing right now.....he could be making money lending it to a kit maker!

yes and risk alot of damage to a very expensive coat of paint.
    what would you offer? $4k? $8k? :P
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

On the subject of making a mold....

This is a novice question but I have been wondering about it...How do they people who sell replicas (Ferrari or Lambo) make the car molds???

Do they actually use a real expensive car like a F355 or a Diablo to make the plug or the mold??? And how about the interior or exterior panels?? Can anyone explain the process in simple terms so I can understand it??

Thanks

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!