Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO kit - body panels on eBay

Ferrari 288 GTO kit - body panels on eBay

Just in case anyone is interested in converting a plain-jane 308 to a 288 Turbo body, the eBay listing is below....This is NOT a cheap glass kit, it looks expensive and it's quality stuff...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2457162576

VK

Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Re:Ferrari 288 GTO kit - body panels on eBay

that is a really nice looking set of panels,over the last year or so ,ive seen them on ebay at least 5 times.i wish i could afford them.288 is one of my dream cars

Now assuming someone has the money to buy these panels (I have no idea how much the asking price is, BTW)...Can a person make fiberglass copies of these panels and sell the copies??

Is there any legal issues with selling copies of originals??

Yet another novice question (no flaming please) :-[

VK

legally....you can make copies and sell them however it is not good buisness practice to steel someone elses work. You will also be able to sell those panels if you keep it on a real ferrari. As soon as you convert them to fit onto a Fiero or any other non ferrari based car, the Ferrari lawyers will be knocking at your door.

SpeedRacer

You can buy the panels and the rest of the parts from Italian Auto for $8,500 http://www.italianauto.com/page5.html

Quote Originally Posted by glenngdman
    legally....you can make copies and sell them however it is not good buisness practice to steel someone elses work. You will also be able to sell those panels if you keep it on a real ferrari. As soon as you convert them to fit onto a Fiero or any other non ferrari based car, the Ferrari lawyers will be knocking at your door.
    Thanks for your answer but I wonder.....
    how the heck would a Ferrari lawyer know what I'm doing with those GTO panels??? Especially if I buy them from eBay, out of all places....There are no records on eBay and nobody knows where all this "stuff" comes from....For all I know these panels could be stolen (I'm not implying they are, but hey one never knows...) They are plenty of "suspicious" items that exchange hands on eBay every day.

I can keep the panels in my garage for years, I can hang them in my living-room if I want to or maybe re-sell them to a guy in Mexico....My point is, the Ferrai lawyers will NEVER find out....And they probably don't care. I'm a little fish and they don't bother with little fish...They probably looking to catch the BIG fish...

Anyway, all this is hypothetical 'cause I'm not looking for GTO panels at the moment nor do I have the money to buy them, even at the bargain price of $8K from Italianauto.com....

All the best - VK

goyal, ive talked to some pretty big players in the ferrari replica business,they very rarely bother anybody.i talked to probably the biggest 355 mfr. on the east coast,he buys stuff from the ferrari dealership,they all know what hes doing,theyve never bothered him