Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 512 color

512 color

im final sanding and doing my final nipicking on my 512 today,going to paint it tomorrow or tuesday,i love that red thats on cowans koenig,but most trs are red.i want a really unique looking color ,and not none of that chamelon crap,ive seen some lambos with a orange looking color i like but i dont know about it on a tr,i also like the pearl white on the late model caddys but i dont know on a tr.any ideas would be appreciated.

Re:512 color

A Porsche red is a bright red with a lighter or a very small hint of orange in it, but its still red. I painted a bike a basic orange with the 20 grams of orange pearl and 10 grams of red pearl. It was really sharp!

Don't go yellow, unless its done perfect it would make it somewhat cheap looking, but there are a few that look ok. A med. grey or a Corvette grey, looks sporty and classie at the sametime. A royal blue is nice and it would be differen't!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

my favorite these days is the black interior and mellenium silvers on the diablos ...just speaks$$$$$....that 355 in dark grey or silver looks great too ...hard to go wrong with a red TR tho ...unique colors make for a hard sell sometimes down the road ....post some pics when done ...good luck ..john

i love that old porsche guards red,but ive used it on just about every corvette ive ever had.i guess ill just use ferrari red.theres just so many colors out there.got everything prepped except the ft.fenders,so it looks like tuesday,ill probably change my mind 3 more times by then

Mike, my 1st choice was a 'fly yellow', but my family voted me down. My other choice was a 'burgundy' solid 'wine' color! I capitulated, went with the Rossa red and am sincerely happy with it.
    Sandy

The orange Lambo has peral in the paint.The white lambo also has peral in the paint.The silver,Im not sure about.(refrence photos).You can also have a combination of pearl and metal flake.

The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Just remember pearl is hard to paint Mike but I'm sure you can do it knowing body work very well. You don't need a zebra look right! Waiting for pictures though. ;D
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

i love that red on your car sandy,check out that orange on the diablo.you gotta like that

I love it, it looks like the color of my bike. The pic is lil dark but it was at night.

Yeah, the 'orange' color is good too! I think 'JStricker" painted his Finale that color, and it looked really good!
    Sandy