Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wraith

The Wraith

Hi ,

I,m not new to the forum , My old name for the forum is lamboloverforever and Im still that I just messed up my password some how but anyway , I wanted to ask, have any of you see the Movie "The Wraith"?? The car in the movie is a kit. I have seen the kit for sale about 6-10 years ago.(not anymore). But the exhaust sound is very authentic. I think it is real . Does anyone know anything about that kit?? What motor?what exhaust?I think the motor is v6 and the exhaust is that of a motor cycle. But Im open for opinions. Thanks.

Lamboloverforever

Re:The Wraith

i like the car, i think its styled after a mid 80s chrysler concept car

SpeedRacer

The car in the movie was in fact a Chrysler concept car that also spent some time as the CART PPG Pace Car.

Somebody made a kit of it a long time ago and I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. There was however, one of them at last years Carlisle Kit Car show.

SpeedRacer

BTW it was called a Dodge M4S concept car and is sitting about three miles from my house in the Chrysler Museum. It's powered by a 2.2 litre 4 cylinder turbo engine.

Well... truth be told out favorite kit manufacturer and 355 replica-guru JOHN WATSON built that car

Actually, built two. It just goes to show you just how far back John's been building cars from scratch!!!

I had the great pleasure of looking through John pictures, newsclips and keepsake regarding that film.

Not one of Charlie's best films.

DKOV -

Custom Built W I D E BODY FieroGT!!
    <br />http://www.kitcar.ca/yabbse/attachme...g2_10_21_4.jpg

Yessir. That's the one. Well, one of the ones

There were actually two, slightly different, built by John. The other spent quite a bit of time on a showroom floor before it was sold to a "certain gentleman" in Europe for quite a nice chunk of change. Oddly, Mr. Mosler's "Mosler" concept/prodcution vehicle bears quite the resemblence. Not saying it was duplicated but I have my suspiscions.

Small world, isn't it?

DKOV -

Quote Originally Posted by RAM STAR

I think the motor is v6 and the exhaust is that of a motor cycle. But Im open for opinions. Thanks.

Some cars use a Super Trap exhaust on the tail pipe,Im not sure if they make them for cars or if it's a modified Motorcycle exhaust tip.(I haven't seen the movie,so Im not sure if thats what your talking about).
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Quote Originally Posted by DKOV
    Well... truth be told out favorite kit manufacturer and 355 replica-guru JOHN WATSON built that car

Actually, built two. It just goes to show you just how far back John's been building cars from scratch!!!

I had the great pleasure of looking through John pictures, newsclips and keepsake regarding that film.

Not one of Charlie's best films.

DKOV -

Yes, I saw all that stuff too, when I went down. And for all of you fiero fans, he actually had the stripped down fiero, that they made the clay 1989 fiero on! With a whopping 4 miles on it. It still had the hood, but they took all of the clay off. The car had a window sticker, that said it was ordered without body panels, if I'm remembering correctly. John said they only had one side clayed, to see what the car would look like, I think it was the pass. side.
    bob
    Hudson, NY

Man that really sucks!! I would have loved to see the car at Carlisle last year.Man the one year I decide not to go and it was there!!Of all the luck. Hey does anyone know if it will be there this year??? Im still going to build my Diablo but it would be cool to see and talk to the owner of the car.I hope its nice out this year too.(weather)