Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My CK3 Testarossa

My CK3 Testarossa

Recently found this website and love it. Just thought I would post some pics of my car for you all to see. I friend and I are both building some of CK3 kits, mine is the 512TR and his is the 355. We will be mounting our V8's longitudnely using a toranodo transaxel, we have built the adapters for the motor mount as well as the adapter to flip the axel 180 deg, to front mount the motor. The car I have was the one that Blaine used to show off his shit, it then burned very badly and he was in the process of fixing it when all his shop was repoed. I bought the kit at an auction here in calgary and have been working on it steadly. Here are some pics of the burned out husk as well as what it looked like when I got it. I can post some more recent pics because I now own a digital camera in a week or two.
    Bog

Re:My CK3 Testarossa

have you already started the build? I would like to come by and see it some time. I am also in Calgary.

I wish i knew who bought the molds and tooling at the auction.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

87ferrari

What are the chances that you could post some pictures of the decklid as well as door design. I have a Testarossa kit I am working on, though it is not a CK3. I am trying to do some modifications to make it closer to the CK3.

Thanks

id like to see some more pics.im also curious about the ck3 molds,it seems like they would have turned up by now.i didnt think those 512s had a one piece rear clip,i also thought the rocker was seperate,its not really seperate from the qtr.,but it looks good.

I will post more pics of whatever you like in the next week or two. Here are a few more of the fire.
    Bog

Bog

The original car looks great from that first photo....What a shame about the fire...Was it an electrical or fuel problem???

You've done a nice job fabricating the rear panels....It looks like you have several molds of the TR rear panel in your shop...Are you planning to market this kit??

Inquiring minds want to know.... VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

THose pics in the shop are at CK3's old place, All I have is the car. But I think I did find the guy who made Blaine's windshields and have contacted him, he still has some molds for the windshields and will contact me with the dimensions in the next week or two. He was not sure what the molds go on as Blaine never told him what they are for.
    Bog

Quote Originally Posted by Bog
    THose pics in the shop are at CK3's old place, All I have is the car......
    Okay, I see...So have you made any progress on your TR build?? Do you have a motor for you car?? The rear panels??

I think there is someone on this board who's finishing a TR with a F355 front end...Maybe he can point you to the right people...or molds if you need them.

Best of luck on your project - VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

i have any panel you need to repair that car,but i live in the states and it costs a fortune to get them to canada

I baught some wire loom for my Camaro, from Pep boys,auto parts.The stuff felt softer than the stock wire loom.After a few weeks in the hot summer, the wire loom that I replaced melted and that was a good 14 inches from the motor.If I had put any loom closer to the engine,it could have easily caught fire.So if anyone out there replaced the stock motor or is replaceing the wire loom,be sure to get the good stuff and don't go cheep on the loom.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!