Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B&B Spyder-See for yourself

B&B Spyder-See for yourself

As many of you know I have been trashed on this forum for the last year or so by a few people. In an effort to be able to enjoy this forum in the way I believe it was intended (Read about other peoples cars, experiences, share knowledge, etc.) and not have to continuously defend myself, I am extending an open invitation to all forum members and guests. I will be at the Daytona show March 19th and 20th, Knottsberry April 24th & 25th, and Carlisle May 21st & 22nd and anyone is always welcome to stop by my shop. I will have at least one completed car at each show, if not more. You are more than welcome to come inspect my work, talk with me, meet my customers who will be there with their cars, etc. I hope that this will once and for all put an end to the flaming I have been taking on this forum (at least I won't have to keep defending myself when the posts are made) and may even help some people out, as I am always happy to share the knowledge I have gained in 10 years of working with kits. If nothing else you can get my side to the story, you know there's always two. If anyone would like to contact me to ask questions or come by the shop, my cell phone # is 727-460-0423 and my shop phone # is 727-449-2598 or you can email me directly.

Re:B&B Spyder-See for yourself

Well said Bill...I'll be checking out at Carlisle this summer...

You're right - there're always TWO sides to each story..

Keep up the good work...

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

I look forward to meeting you there, I always enjoy meeting other kit car buffs.
    Bill

i looked at your website,[under construction],the yellow 355,ive seen that car somewhere before ,and ive been to that shop its sitting in lately,and that same yellow 355 is still there,did you sell that shop recently,the car is outside now ,but im certain its the same shop and car,you done a real nice job on that car.i would have kept that car,bill when you go to mcdonalds and buy a hamburger ,does that make you a partner with mcdonalds?

Nice to see your still going strong,be sure to bring plenty of bussiness cards or flyer/broschures I haven't seen much of any complaints,so I guess thats a good thing.Well keep up the good work.I liked those shots of the shop you posted on Fiero Forum.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Quote Originally Posted by mike d.
    i looked at your website,[under construction],the yellow 355,ive seen that car somewhere before ,and ive been to that shop its sitting in lately,and that same yellow 355 is still there,did you sell that shop recently,the car is outside now ,but im certain its the same shop and car,you done a real nice job on that car.i would have kept that car,bill when you go to mcdonalds and buy a hamburger ,does that make you a partner with mcdonalds?
    It was always my understanding that those pics are actually of John Watsons car.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

they look just like it to me,his shop too.

Bill, in my opinion, what has happened in the past is just that, the past. You, along with anyone else should be able to enjoy this forum without people being biased towards you. Sometimes the bickering on here (and other forums) is like a bunch of old ladies at a beauty salon and when that happens, I just stop reading that section of the post. You are not the first person and propably not the last one either that will be attacked on here. I personally welcome your input on questions, would like to hear more about your projects etc..

so welcome to the forum bill...

I second that Glenn

I usually respect other people's opinion and write ups but I'd like to make up my own opinion about a person or business...If I was to purchase a kit, I will definetely NOT do it over the phone and most certainly I will not send money without signing a contract with all the details specified.....It's good business practice.

Of course people do buy stuff sight-unseen all the time (i.e. online auctions) and sometimes they get crappy stuff...sometimes they get lucky. The same holds true for replica kits...But spending $5K - $8K for a kit without seen the built quality and workmanship first hand is just crazy...I don't care if I have to travel to FL to see someone's work personally, I will do it if it involves that much money - MY MONEY.....It's like buying a car without hearing it run...

So when time comes to shop around for my next kit, I will make damn sure to check the work of John Watson, Bill "Spyder" or DKOV personally...to me it's worth the trouble up front so I can sleep better at nights knowing that my money will be well spend.

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Although that is the PERFECT way to do it and we all know that, not all of us can afford to get on a plane and shop personally for the kit of our dreams.

I did once, got on a place, flew to California, met with a representative of IFG, yes IFG... saw the kit, even bought the guy dinner!!! Next day, I watched the car get crated and got a pickup number for the freight company that would be picking it up.

Got on a plane and went home. After a week, I checked to see what the status was and the Freight Company had NO record of the pickup. Said it had been cancelled later the SAME DAY I left. Of course, I call back... Guy's gone, Kit's gone, my money is gone. $5500 plus my airfare, car rental and hotel room... GONE.

What did I do wrong? Absolutely nothing.

So what's my point in all this? What's the "moral of the story"?

Part of the purpose of this forum is to WARN each other of impending doom as well as sharing our successes with various vendors and sources.

I don't know about any of you, but if I know of a great guy that I've had terrific success with... I'm going to tell the world. Likewise, I'm not going to sti and keep my mouth shut while one of you blindly walk into a money trap.

Don't anyone take that personally... it's not meant to be personal. Just that we shouldn't take the position that we are not here to help each other in terms of references as well...

We are. And if we are going to help keep this business straight, honest and clear of the likes of Luis Perez, Jack Lucas and other obviously dedicated deceivers... we HAVE to talk to one another and keep them exposed. Otherwise, they just keep on taking the new blood.

More specifically, this debate with Bill, John, Bob, Dave, etc... I've now heard it both ways from a few more sources than just here on the forum. Both sides have shared their position and I think enough information has been put out for folks to decide how to proceed and that's enough. This forum has served its purpose in that way.

And this is GOOD. The way it SHOULD be.

I personally don't adopt the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Want to know how I feel? Just ask

Best to ALL the forum members...

DKOV -