Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting your first kit

Starting your first kit

When you started your first kit how did you get the money to get the kit itself? did you get a loan or did you have the cash? im just woundering cause i see a lot of you post and it seems you all have a lot of stuff to offer and im just trying to learn as much as possible. im working out my credit and a loan thats why i asked.
    I dont wanna grow up i'm a Toys R Us kid

Re:Starting your first kit

There are several ways you can come up with the money to buy a kit.
    1. save up
    2. use a credit card
    3. take out a personal loan
    4. if you have a house, take a second morgage or add a credit line
    5. borrow the money from friends / family

thanks for your help and if you can give me any more info that would really help. cause i am sure i want to do this but im working out saving up money then also getting a loan.

In Missouri, when my car is done, it needs to go through the highway patrol inspection station. I am just getting started on a Lambo kit, and have spoke to them twice already, just to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. I'd rathed know what I need to do/have ahead of time, instead of finding out I did something wrong. SAVE YOUR RECIEPTS FOR EVERYTHING!
    I'm sure there is lots more to learn, but I figure researching now, should save a lot of headaches later.

Kevin

thats bassically what im doing right now getting all the info i can before i start buying the things i need. also i know when you buy a kit they say it comes with everything you need, but if you bought a kit and the car and the nuts and stuff you need what else do you need to buy to make it complete. cause i have looked at the kits in some different places and to me it seams that it does not look complete with what there selling, maybe its just me.

every kit maker says there kits are the most comprehensive kit with just paint and wheels to get..YEAH RIGHT!!!! no mater what, you will need somthing to get , sometimes only from them which can be at a high price and it will only fit there kits too.just look at the posts on the 355 turn signals!also take in concideration storage as working on a kit can take years ,working in the cold ,rain,sun and somedays you can't be bothered that's why there is a lot of projects to buy. my kit took in total 4-5 years to do with loans and savings and a lot of bargin hunting but i got it all back and profit when i sold it to do my next car so i can do this one straight out with no loans or delay

well im not worried about time cause ill be moving every so often being military. but my car will be staying with my parents and when i come home for breaks ill work on it and probably work throughout the time i am home. i figured a lot of them were not truly complete, do you any that come close im looking for a 99 diablo roadster. thanks for any help you can give me i do appreciate it a lot.

Probably the most complete Diablo kits are from D&R and NAERC.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

what was the link for D&R? i had it but lost it
    I dont wanna grow up i&#039;m a Toys R Us kid

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    what was the link for D&R? i had it but lost it
    http://www.kitcardreams.com/
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg