Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why that is?????

Why that is?????

Hey guys I just have a good question. Why do you think it is that some guys finish there projects and some dont????
    My answer is : For true lambo and Ferrari lovers the feeling of owning one is in your blood!!! You have pictures,posters, matchbox cars of the, models, t shirts(etc.)
    I feel true die hard fans of these vehicles could never stop until they have achived there dream no matter what!!!!!!

What do you think???

I personally will not stop until I get to drive my number one passion!!! A lamborghini Diablo!! I have lost 2 fieros so far and am going to push to get the last one back or buy another until my project is created!!! I eat, sleep , and breath Lambos!!!

Re:Why that is?????

If it was easy, everyone would have one.

Ya gotta want it bad enough.

I know what you mean. I have a F355 that I have been working on for the past 4 years. I would like to se the car to total completion but I just bought a house and I also realize each day how much more I want a Lamborghini. Since I have been working on my car for so long there are days I want to burn it because it has taken so long and most other days that is the only thing I can think about completing (an obsession that can drive you nuts). About 2 weeks ago I put my car up to sell so I can get the money and get a D&R kit. But, again the little voice wants me to finish. Basically everyone starts the build because it is a cheap way to have the car of there dreams. Inbetween financial hardship hits some and they sell. Others finish the first and start a business because of it. The last percentage do various other things.

It is simple - cheap to buy the fiberglass parts - expensive to finish the project. All the tools, replacement/upgrade parts, having to farm out some aspects to professionals, etc. makes finishing a project, especially your first one, extremely difficult.

If you want to build a lambo, be prepared to work alot harder because a 355 kit is easy and fast compared to a lamdo. Also if building a lambo do your self a favor and buy a D&R kit. They are the best ones out there, I have one and also live near them. Just a few things to think about.

I have done projects in the past that I had a great deal of fun doing , from hydraulic installs to engine hop ups and swaps. Some minor fabrication and many, many years of car know how. I have loved Lamborghinis since I was a kid. I am 27 now. I own a Fiero now and am I'm up for the challenge. I was just thinking that I would ask my fellow forum buddies my question to see what you guys think, hope I didnt affend anyone who hasn't completed there project, that was not my intention.

I do not think you offended anyone by aking your question. there are many reasons for not finishing a kit. A death in the family, loss of your job, starting the project only to find out that you are way over your head, underestimating the cost to build a kit, loss of intrest, beacame intersted in a different kit or like in my case, decided to build the kit differently than you started. Everyone who doesnt complete there project will do so for different reasons. The best way to avoid not completing your project is to get as much info. about that kit/build up front...

Hi speedofsound,

I live near D&R myself and plan on doing one of there kits. Although I do not own one now, they were my very first choice for my kit project. I have heard nothing but good things about them!!! I have heard the same that they are one of the best kits around. I am so happy that we have such a reputable kit car manufacturer on the east coast because it seems to be that most of the companies in the industry are on the west coast. But yes I have done many years of research on the Diablo kits and am very aware of the length in time. I just hope the same thing doesnt happen to me. Loosing interest that is. Although I cant see it happening because the drive runs to deep!!

Yes I agree glenngdman I do think research is a big factor in this game. I have been researching this for a while and I think Im up for the challenge.

I agree with Glenn too. I think there may be 4 or 5 companies out there who make good quality Fiero based kits. In my opinion D & R, Air Dynamics and the new GT40 from V8 Archie lead the top 3 for me.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.