Thread: TR taillamp alternative

TR taillamp alternative

im making a hamann style taillamp ,from a picture and using vette taillights,i realize it looks crude.id like to see what everybody thinks

Re:TR taillamp alternative

I'm sure it's going to look great...Although I think these are closer together...

Here's another view:
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

i see what you mean ,i havent made my pockets for my backups yet ,i believe ill move them a little closer together,its hard to go by a picture,i thought i could make the whole panel in a day,im embarassed to admit how much time i have in it

Hey Mike, Im with you on the subject of rear tail lights, OEM units were out of reach for me. I went the 84-88 vette route. I cut out the centers with a hole-saw and added clear lenses. I posted better pic of the lamps in an older string about alternatives to orig. 355 tail lights. I admit, I dont have them to where Iam totally happy yet, the panels they sit into could've been made a bit straighter. Good luck!
    -Vinny TRCrazy

Remember, there is always next year.

i didnt realize the 84-88 lights were about the same diameter as the older model lights.approx. how far apart do you think the tailights are ,about aninch.i wish i would have moved the outboard light further out,i really want it to look exactly like the hamann version.i guess its back to the drawing board for me.any tips or pointers are appreciated

Yeah, about an inch apart sounds right, I can measure to make sure. What I liked about the later 84-88 lamps is they have a rounded edge, so they stick out just that little bit to make them visable from the side and sit on the outside surface of the panel, with the back housing (modified chinese soup container) hidden in the panel. I was going for the look of the f512m model. 2 of the centers funtion as back-ups, the other two are dummies. I can go more into the constuction of them if you need, pretty straight foward and CHEAP. Just time, time and more time, Ha Ha
    -Vinny
    Remember, there is always next year.