Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 512 build video

512 build video

i have just started on another 512 build for a paying customer,the first one ive ever been commisioned to do[im wondering how much ill lose on this deal lol].ive just cut he car at this point ,i was just wondering if there would be any intrest on anyones part ,in buying a build video for a small charge[im not trying to make megabucks off a video]id just like to cover the costs of tapes and labor for a man to film me as i give instructions[$15-$20ballpark].i was wanting to cover the basics ,lengthening the chassis with the raising the rear section to make the roofline correct,bodypanel mounting techniques,maybe some basic fitting techniques,solving some of the problems associated with poorly made panels etc.the first kit i built gave me all kinds of headaches and ive been a bodyman for 20 years,i always wondered what hobbyists with little or no experience did when they ran into problems.im not trying to be an expert or anything,id just like to share a couple of lessons ive learned building 3 replicas.if anyones intrested let me know.

Re:512 build video

Sounds good, you would show your face on it right, I'll pay extra for that....
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Mike, better wear one of those big plastic noses with the black glasses attached, just in case Big Italian Brother is watching! lol. Hey, think about it- Big nose, thick black glasses, you could pass yourself off as Enzo's long lost son! Seriously, do it mike , it will help a lot of people who get stuck and discouraged with a build. I'd watch my grainey IFG video again & again to stay motivated and interested in the car.
    -Vinny
    Remember, there is always next year.

ok you guys think im joking but im cereal. how much do you guys think i should charge for the face shots, hell this might be lucrative

mike d,
    sign me up for a video... even though I am not building a 512 currently you might show a few teqhnices that I could use..

Hey Mike ..congrats on the turn-key ..as far as the video ..just be sure to add in all the legal waivers and such .....but I am not a lawyer ..lol... john

Definately sounds like a good Idea,(your name in the movie is Marieo or Loueegie :P).Also put the video on E-bay,you could bring in more bucks $$$.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

me and a friend [camcorder freak buddy of mine started on it this morning].pretty much covered the lengthenng,raising the rear section 1 and half inches to make the roofline correct process.im gonna start early again in the morning.i think ill work on hamann type taillamp panel first,showing how to position the tailights properly and how to make the taillamps recessed also how to make the light pockets,kind of a basic how to custom fiberglass 101. i also have a poorly made rear bumper i bought years ago[my first kit what a mistake]from a southern florida "mfr" that will remain unnamed, hes been bashed enough on this site[and also its not part of my kit that i sell] i thought id mount it to my car and show the mistakes with it and how to correct them,i think that will help the guys that might otherwise give up on a poorly made kit,and if i have any time left tomorrow,maybe some body panel mounting tricks and techniques

I'd love to eventually do one of your Hamann 512's. Sign me up for a video when it's done. Can't have enough reference material...

ok you guys think im joking but im cereal.
    Cereal??
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

rcr, im cereal about 512 build videos,lol.me and my cameraman got rained out today,we did film a small segment.i have to build my replicas in the back yard for right now,if i go to my shop i spend all day playing 20 questions and writing estimates.nobody comes by during the week,but on the weekends,everybody and their brother shows up,my shop is in a very busy part of town