Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen bike

Stolen bike

Last year in April I had a Honda F4i stolen from my apartment in Clearwater Florida, a couple days ago I got a call from the sheriff's dept telling me they found the frame and arrested these two guys for the theft. But they don't have to pay restitution. How screwed up is Florida!!!
    If you live near Clearwater stay away from these guys!!!!

I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Re:Stolen bike

By the way if anybody down there knows Florida law well and knows how to go after them for some cash please let me know, thanks to them I'm out $7000!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

If they have kids I have a few ideas to get back at them preeeeeee-ty good.

You will need to file suit against them for the amount they owe you. Then try to collect it. Your in Indiana now and they are 1,900 miles away in Florida. I think you would be wasting your money. Most of these guys are deadbeats with bad or no credit. That is why they steal stuff in the first place.

How much of the bike did they locate? I live in Oldsmar and could go get the stuff for you if you want it.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Here a couple of my buddies that can help you take care of the problem for you.

Just kidding, sucks to hear about your bike.
    Was it insured for theift?
    www.xvelocity.com

Small claims court.What no insurance?
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

They found just the frame, but if I can get it back it will sell for about $1000 with the title. I did not have insurance on it yet it was getting redone and it was just about finished.
    I would love to see these guys go throw hell!!!! It was the worst time in my life to have that happen, money was tight and it was going to be my only transportation along with my girlsfriends car. If anybody close knows a money hungry lawyer post his info.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRBOBBY
    They found just the frame, but if I can get it back it will sell for about $1000 with the title. I did not have insurance on it yet it was getting redone and it was just about finished.
    I would love to see these guys go throw hell!!!! It was the worst time in my life to have that happen, money was tight and it was going to be my only transportation along with my girlsfriends car. If anybody close knows a money hungry lawyer post his info.
    I went threw something like this a few years a go. I sold my brother a BMW, 2 days later he was hit "T-Boned" by a drunk driver. it was a hit and run. long story short. We got a plate number and he said his vehicle was carjacked, even though it was picked up at his house, later that night. He said he had no money it was his dads truck. I went down the to county records office and checked out what he ownes and how much money he made for the past 5 years. its public information and its free. I got a ball slicin Lawyer and even though it took over a year I got paid for the car and my brother made $13,000.
    Don't give up on these worthless purse snatchers. The first guy looks pretty healthy, laughing fool! they both look clean cut..
    take something that hurts them like they did you, turn them into the broke jokes like they deserve. ;D
    What... I'm nice LOL!!!

EEExotic
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

ahhhww man sorry to hear about that GSXRBOBBY
    Its screw how the law is huh? hell get a fine and your outa $7000 Im in Canada and its almost the same thing, Someone steals a car and the police say "ahh well goto small claims court" (Im in law enforcement so I know its not the polices' job to deal with compensation but sometimes I just wanna kick these people in the head that steal cars/bike.)
    My 0.02c sorry about the anger...Im getting it looked after lol
    Brad

I don't want to bore you guys with all the details but to show you just how screwed up this all is, the ass was working in the jail for the sheriffs dept. at the time he was caught, infact when he sold a few of the parts he did it in uniform. He was given probation and he does not have to pay out restition even though he was found with over 40 parted out bikes in his friends garage!