Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F355 Spotted

F355 Spotted

Greetings all,

I am a new member to the forum, just saying hi. I have been reading and observing the forum and members for several weeks, and have recently located my donor so as I may start this project that has brought us all together. I would like to thank both Scott and Glenn as they have both been great in helping me. I am sure that I will have many questions, and in turn will give any knowledge that I can, on to others. I haven't noticed anyone posting on these movies, but they are two of my favorite, both have great scenes of 355 spyders. THE ROCK, and GOLDENEYE. Check em out.

Mike

87ferrari

Re:F355 Spotted

Welcome to the forum. Do you currently have a F355 you are building? What make is your kit if you have one? These things are a true addiction, I am wondering if there is some kind of AA type class I can go to for this. Although I am not sure I really want to rid myself fo this affliction just yet!

Welcome RMK Mike I saw them both . Awesome!!! Have you bought your kit yet? If you haven't you should ask everyone what kit is the best..LOL. Its like shaking a beehive ;D
    I'll be the first to say it in THIS thread anyways. I'm sure you've heard it plenty before. But we all know its true, John Watson's AD kit has got to be one of the best out. Mirage kits are around if you know the right people. They are great too. Both have there plus's. But you'll never know a person that stands behind his work like John does. Ok my .02 cents worth

EEExotic
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

the 355 in The Rock is an IFG car , they smashed up 2 while making the film

trevor
    http://www.taraglass.com

Quote Originally Posted by trevman

trevor
    It looked pretty good in the movie, Wonder who else had part in building it? IFG cars are like one really shiny bandaid. Look
    under the painted bandage and it makes you sick! >

EEExotic
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

I knew the car in the ROCK was a kit, but I wasnt sure who's. I slow-mo'ed through the crash several times and through all the driving scenes, catching everything I could.

As far as best kits. I think the AD is probably the best kit you can buy. I dont yet have mine, and will be going through Ron Larsen with Coolcustomcars.com. There has been much discussion as to the best kits, etc. This will be my first build, and Ron has been very upfront and helpfull with all my questions. He has recently re-designed several aspects of the 355 kit and is in process of a turn-key at the moment. He will be posting new pics of the new designs as soon as he's finished. From what he has told me, this is a big improvement in several aspects over previous ones.

I, like the rest of you newbies, had and have many questions. The best thing I could tell you is to browse the forum. I have read through the forum so many times attempting to find answers. Most of them are out there somewhere. Take your time, there is no prize for first finisher, and enjoy. Like I said, I have been reading for quite a while now, and recently found my donor. I hope to pick it up soon, and look forward to starting. I will be creating a web site to keep everyone updated w/ my progress. Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Mike

as far as i'm aware IFG built the cars themselves,.... but i could be wrong
    http://www.taraglass.com

I don't know the history of IFG, it may be that it's the same company, but the two 355's were built by Warlock.

Oh, and welcome to the forum RMK Mike
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by RCR
    I don't know the history of IFG, it may be that it's the same company, but the two 355's were built by Warlock.

Oh, and welcome to the forum RMK Mike
    RCR , trevman
    ha ha look at that! I never knew it was a fake! I assumed but I never had proof... nice thanX guys...its still sad to see it go like that but the Rock was a great movie!
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by trevman

trevor
    Actually 1 of the is still completely in tact. I was at MGM a few years ago and it is parked in a line of cars from differant movies such as Indiana Jones Roger Rabbit etc.
    It is in sad shape parked near a pond of water. Last time I was there I asked the Back Lot Tour guide if any of the cars could be bought and she of course said "no". It is so close to the pond the rear of the car Im sure gets submerged in water if they get a heavy rain.
    1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
    1985 Fiero GT Northstar
    1985 Fiero GT 3800