Thread: Don't you hate this?

Don't you hate this?

I don't know how many others have or has tried to sell there car but, don't you hate people that say they have the money to buy there car and 3 weeks later the car is still in your garage. And when you get tired of dealing with one flake then you have some one else that you are sealing with that is from some where else and they to promise that they have sent the check >. I don't know what to do any more. I have had so many people promise me funds and I have made arrangments with others to get stuff but because they don't pay me then it makes me look like an a** to the ones I promised to pay for my stuff. What would you guys do? Would you settle for less on the car to some one who might have the money or would you just finish the car and sell it completed? Thanks

Re:Don't you hate this?

The old dilema of should I sell or finish it some day. The reality is it will cost you money to finish and you will make money by selling it. You will definately not get what you have into it as a complete car though. You see it all the time "$40K in reciepts, must sell $5,000 OBO". I am going through the same struggle. I would sell if somebody had $5000 cash in front of me but if not I would continue to assemble the car as your funds permit. Just my thoughts.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

I know what you mean. When I sold my Formula, I had someone really interested at first, he even drove up from Ohio, but no sale. After that it was 6 months of "Oh, I love it, but I don't have the money yet" or " I'll have the money next week" or... I ended up selling for less than I wanted, but I needed the money. It just comes down to "what do I need at this moment" If you can wait, wait, otherwise take what you can get.

Good luck...
    "another" Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Tell people to leave a small non-refundable deposit for you or won't hold the car for them...A 24 hour holding time seems reasonable to me...they will either have the money or they won't, if they are not serious buyers odds are they won't leave a deposit which inturn takes out the guess work for you.
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

I agree with the deposit to hold the car. Set up a PayPal account to handle the transaction. That will get rid of the tire kickers.

If you can't sell it, make a trailer out of it and purchase the body you want. If you finish the car, you will have more money in it you will not be able to recapture. Your first loss is your best loss.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Thanks for the imput. Funny Wheels you are right I wanted to get rid of this kit so I could do an AD. For the deposit I like that idea and that will be the first thing I will tell people that are interested. I will be putting the car back up for sale in about 3 months again. I kind of ran into a huge problem with the car.

Just don't do what I did and try to be nice and let the buyer make payments (which of course, he never makes)... Then in two months come back and says he can't afford to buy your car after he has been driving it all the while... I learned a heard lesson on that one! But at least I got my Formula back and it will make a helluva kit car donor!
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url