Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiero fuel pumps suck

Fiero fuel pumps suck

Today I broke down on the highway entrance ramp as a result of my fuel pump just dying on the spot.

This is the second fiero based kit car that this has happened to me with within a year. My red 328 had that happen but i broke down right in front of an STS shop that ripped me off to replace it.

Why do these fuel pumps suck so bad....one minute everyone has there tongues hangin out for my yellow lambo...next min. they are laughing cause im broke down!

then a cop pulled up behind me while i was trying to get it started...so everyone thought that i got pulled over...that was cool until the tow truck showed up! And by the way they cracked my front spoiler but will be paying for it. Cool part is that it was already cracked ..they just made it worse...

but anyway just wanted to say the gm fiero fuel pumps really suck

just my .02 cents

Re:Fiero fuel pumps suck

> Jeez,,,, you get all the luck! At least it wasn't raining huh? I had the cop thing happen once on the interstate also. Funny thing is,,,, I had just gotten it started again and was pulling away when he pulled in behind. Figured I'd better stop again So it didn't look like I was running! He just wanted to look at the car since I was already stopped. ;D

just don't let that stop you from driving and enjoying your car ...friend of mine had his lambo replica crap out on him too ..had to have it towed etc .. bad ignition ...but now he hardly ever drives it ..I quess he thinks its going to break again .. what a waste ... did you use GM parts ?? sometimes there worth the extra few dollars for a critical part ...john

I always use gm parts and it had a full mechanical restoration of spark plugs,wires, fuel filter, pcv valve, distibutor cap, rotor, ignition coil, p.u.coil, ignition module, fuel filter, egr gasket, fuel lines, vac lines etc.

but there went the damn fuel pump!

That funny thats how I found my kit cat broken down on the side of the interstate. I stoped to see what was up with it and it had a for sale sign on it. I bought it from the guy dirt cheep becouse he thought the fuel pump went out , and some one had stolen all of the emblems off of it. He also needed the money for his bail bondsman. It turned out to be the fuel pump relay , I had it running the next day.

I got my 328 cause it had a bad heater core and they thought that was a blown headgasket cause the coolant was all over the windshield and passenger compartment...can you say mid engine?
    lol
    i got mine dirt cheap...$2500

i think pumps should suck and blow if they work right...
    so whats the problem ;D
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I just went through this last month. Luckily it crapped out on my driveway, but on the other hand it is a sloping driveway so in order to get the car into the garage, where the floor is level, I had to devise a routine of feeding starting fluid through a tube into the throttlebody then run into the car where I engaged the clutch to nudge the car forward while the motor is still running, about 10 seconds. I had to do this about a dozen times to finally get the car into the garage. The fuel pump should really be relocated to a spot where it's easier to get to when something does go wrong.
    Rob

Rob
    I could not agree with you more...
    My car has only about 4 inches of graound clearance...there is no way to get underneath it to even wrap on it to possibly get it started when you are broken down on the side of the road unless you jack it up...but a. u need a jack and b. you have to jack it up by the cross member in the rear. Obvioulsy i didnt have a jack with me but besides there is a good chance that just kicking the thing wouldnt have gotten it started anyway. I would like to know more about your method because i want to get it started and drive it to the shop...as it stands now it is stuck in my garage. I would like to avoid another tow charge...and if you are wondering why I didnt just tow it there to begin with its because they (the tow svc the police called-i was trying to get it strarted myself but he wouldnt let me sit there anylonger)wanted a rediculous amt of money to do it cause my fiero mechanic is an hr. away.

This is the part where you should be thankfull that you don't have the "X-frame" welded in the underside! Always something to be thankfull for right? 8)