Thread: 355 Stage 1 - The Beginning

355 Stage 1 - The Beginning

Well my buddys saw the kit car and they are ripping me apart to finish this darn thing in the next century. So here it goes, I spent most of the last 2 day ripping apart the interior, my buddy is really good with body work so he said that if I wanted this car to be rust free for the next 10 years for me to give it to him to sand blast prime 2 times then rock guard under the car and do it to the inside as well. So I said fine NP. But hoooooold on he said I gotta take EVERRRY thing out to sand blast cuz that stuff goes Everywhere and that it’ll cut wiring like nothing, so im like crap the wiring harness out and stuff I donno if I can handle that, but I figure that ill just duct tape it so its out of the way and itll be fine so then I started taking the doors out and sandblasting the doors that needed it (there was a little surface rust around the bottom and the brakets and on the bottom of the door there was a big patch of rust that blew right through I wasent gonna do anything with it since the 355 dorr covers it but my dad said to weld a piece in there and make it look good…I donno I think that’s kinda crazy but blah I wanna keep this car for a long time so…so here I am riping everything apart to get the frame, engine bay and anywhere else that theres rust to get sand blasted, primed and painted. Geeez I will be the first one to say that when I got this 355 I would have NEVER thought to be this hard ha ha I guess ya live and ya learn. Anyhoo here are some pics of the car im using and where im at.

This is the car im going to use for the 355, it has the 3 inch stretch, cut and took all the body panels off.

Re:355 Stage 1 - The Beginning

Cont....

this was the back bumper of the car...it got hit with something so i already took the other back bumper off of my parts car and started to sandblast it...also im thinking about riping the trunk off...lol Weight reduction Stage 1? lol

This is the side view shot of the car the floore isent as bad as my parts car but still need a good sandblast lol i love that little sandblast gun also you see I grinded the rust off of the section that holds the door on with the bolts so when i put it back on itll be all nice and clean (Im useing a zinc chomate primer as well, UAP said it was the best stuff to use and my buddy used it on his volkwagon trunk as well)

heres the door all sandblasted

Re:355 Stage 1 - The Beginning

Cont 2 ...

Here is the clore look at the rust and the hole the rust made that im gonna have to patch >
    lol
    Anyhoo so pretty much hopefully it goes to his house after may 24 and gets all done ohh ya hes also doing the engine swap from the 2.8 -> 2.8 so hopefully that goes well lol anyhoo theres my story see ya guys!
    Brad

p.s. Any hints would be great! something im not doing or something i should so do please do tell
    Brad