Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More slime in the Kit Car pool...

More slime in the Kit Car pool...

I was browsing www.coolcustomcars.com as someone contacted me interested in my opinion of their kit and if I know anything about them...

So I checked out there site and noticed straight away, that there were some pics from other sites on their 355 page listed as their kit.

That was a couple of weeks ago. Just tonight, I was browsing around MAPICS site and noticed something that caught my mind...

Cool Custom Cars is touting that they now have separated rockers. That's pretty interesting. They post a pic of their car with these new separated rockers... Hmm... something very familiar here... I've seen that car before, but where...

There's SO little of the car to be seen. Here's the pic:

Then it hits me... It's MAPICS' car. Only cropped and mirrored (so it's pointing the other direction).

So I grabbed copies of both cars, mirrored the bigger picture of MAPICS car and slid the cool customs car picture over the picture of MAPICS car and...

http://members.ispwest.com/newmdav/3...20Nov%202K.jpg

Viola' ... they match up PERFECTLY. Not even a need to resize it. Shadows line up and everything. Even the little pebbles in MAPICS aggregate driveway.

Kinda makes you loose faith, doesn't it.

MAPICS.... you're famous!

DKOV -

Re: More slime in the Kit Car pool...

DKOV, your attention to detail and knowledge on these cars never ceases to amaze me. Who made the kit in the pictures, in that case? Or is it a real 355? (it looks nice)

The car in the picture, at that time, was MAPICS was pure MIRAGE 355. Just like mine... only his is finished

DKOV -

It just occured to me...

You had to ask if the Mirage was REAL or not. That's a pretty good compliment both to the kit and it's builder

DKOV -

Wow!

I am famous. That is my car. The shot was taken at Daytona two years ago. Thanks for the complement on if it was a real 355. I do love the lines of my baby!
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

WOW! DKOV,upgrated to addicted psycho. ;D You go big guy.

I always thought of them as a good and future source for a Testarossa or 355. last year i almost bought a 512TR from them, i had to back out due to a problem at work. As for the other 355 pictures, i was told by the owner that the pictures were there so some people could get a idea of what a completed car looked like, at the time of our talk he was in the process of making the 355 kit, so he could sell them. I may be wrong, if i get a chance, or if Mapics man should call them and ask them about them useing his car picture.

WOW! DKOV,upgrated to addicted psycho. ;D You go big guy.

Wow... I didn't even see that!

DKOV -

I don't know anything about them, I do know that the first two 355 kits they bought were bought from the car factory.

DKOV, after realizing that those were 17" wheels (I think), it looked more like a Mirage and less like a real Ferrari, but the wheels were the only thing that gave it away, IMO. By the way, congrats on becoming an Addicted Phycho. What an accomplishment man!