Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: Amazing 355 kit...Better than MiRAGE? YOU JUDG

Re: Amazing 355 kit...Better than MiRAGE? YOU JUDG

360wanna_be: forgive me if I'm wrong... I think I recognize the building...???CK3 of Calgary???? Those dollies, powder coating, & the Yellow garage doors!
    Sandy

Actually no...... CK3 has not been in business for about 3 years but they did create this kit. As well the tooling. However CK3 doesn't produce it anymore. If you look at the CK3 website, the have been Relocating for about the same amount of time.

The molds and tooling look like they are on thier way overseas and I am hoping to grab a kit or two (or 3 or 4 ) before they go.

The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

is that a stretched version or non? Beach

Stretch..

does it come in a coupe? Beach

Please if you can, get some pricing and also can you get some more pics from top and back? If they are in canada I would like to get a chance to go see them as well.

keep us informed. Now that I will be in a position to buy very soon, I am looking very closely at what is offered and where in Canada I can get it.
    http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.

Actually no...... CK3 has not been in business for about 3 years but they did create this kit. As well the tooling. However CK3 doesn't produce it anymore. If you look at the CK3 website, the have been Relocating for about the same amount of time. The molds and tooling look like they are on thier way overseas and I am hoping to grab a kit or two (or 3 or 4 ) before they go.

Well, yes, CK3's website says they are 'relocating' and has stated that since last November. But I can assure you they are still 'practicing business'. I am told that CK3 still has some legal problems (people who paid $$$$ and received nothing)!...see http://www.kitcar.com/consumeralert/...tml#anchor-Ck3. You can do a search on 'CK3' and get an even bigger story. Now, I must say that CK3's fibreglass and kits are excellent, their President, is something else! I would be very surprised if Blaine Kennedy was unloading his molds. I have been to CK3's Calgary facility. The building is an entire city block. Their business is clean and every car that is not being worked on is covered. You can practically eat of the floor. Yes, that part is a big selling feature. And, just for sh*t of it, did you know that all their glass is custom??? So, you'd better get those molds as well! I know 1st hand how much PITA $$$ a windshield mold for CK3's KR is worth. It took a glass company 4 trys to get a windshield that is halfway decent, let alone the price of the mold. Incidently, if you need a glass mold for the front windshield for a KR, I have one!!! Someone on Pennock's forum, (months ago) got a letter from CK3 stating they would be able to 'discount' one of their kits, should he be interested.
    Sorry for the long-winded nature of this..... love the car.... but the headaches!!! Never again!
    Sandy

I spoke with Blaine some time ago and from what I recall.... Legally they have not been in operation as CK3 for 3 years. His interests have more to do with overseas markets than they do *in North America. As well i think he now focuses his talents on other business. Good luck to whomever gets, or buys those molds. *

I too had the opportunity to see this outfit and actually sit in and touch on of his Testarossa convertables. Blew me away. I know what i have seen and I beleive we all have some troubles from time to time.... seems to go with the industry.

Bar none... this is the kit that everyone was hoping for, in regards to a solution for seperate rockers and a more Authentic look. As far as I know it is in Spyder form only

What happened to the photos in the 1st post of this thread???
    Sandy

Hey what happened to the Pics??? The initial Post is gone What gives?
    http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.