Thread: Real 355 Convertible Top

Real 355 Convertible Top

I really hate seeing the box or bulky type tops on 355 convertible replicas, it's an instant giveaway. I have a deal ready on a real 355 top for $1075. How difficult would it be to mate it to a chopped Fiero?

Attack Roadster, F355 Spyder, F512TR Coupe &amp; Diablo Roadster<br /><br />If only money grew on freaking trees!!!

Re: Real 355 Convertible Top

I've heard of a couple of folks doing it to their cars but requires ALOT of fab work... Both to the top and the car.

For starters, the Gas Tank must be removed. The frame and operating mechanism needs altered for mounting and operation. The stock 355 mechanism is HYRDAULIC not electric. That huge hump you see between the seats of a Real 355 spyder? That's the PUMP.

Make it a manual top, pull the gas tank (and put it where?),modify the mount width and depth and you be on your way!

For the MONEY, please don't make any mistakes

Best of Luck!

DKOV -

well ....
    after all i have heard. !! Is It possible to get the real F355 Convertible Top on a replica ????

As DKOV says, yes. It is possible. Is it worth the time and effort? Perhaps, that's your call. I have read that there is extensive modification that has to be done to make it work. Heck, I had a tough enough time just putting a new top on my Miata last weekend, and it was FIT for the car.

When I tried to use a Ferrari top the header bar was about 4 inches two narrow for the top of the windshield and where the rear of the top frame needed to be attached to the Fiero behind the doors was 4 inches wider than a Fiero. If you have to chop one apart and add/subtract metal, why waste the cash. I am looking into a late model mustang top and header. Will keep you posted. The top header flows into the windshield area like a real 355.

Has anyone on this portal used a Mustang top header bar?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Does anyone have a pattern for a 355 top?

I only need the rear section where it attaches to the rear fenders and along the plastic rear window. I possibly can make one out of denim material to get what I need but I thought I would ask first.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.