Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrair replica chassis

Ferrair replica chassis

Does anyone build tube frame chassis for Ferrari replicas? I've seen a few thousand different companies that make them for the Lambo replicas, but not for the Ferrari. If there aren't that many building them, would there be any type of market for one?

I ask, because if I'm going to build a replica of a car that will do 150+ MPH, I want my replica to do 175+ and I don't really trust the Feiro chassis at that speed. Is there anyone else out there that feels the same?

Major

Re: Ferrair replica chassis

High-G.... if you're looking at 175+, you might want to get in contact with some of the high-end racecar builders. At least you will benefit from their knowledge/design expertise. At that kind of speed, you will need those 'adjustment' levels.... and, an awful big POCKET book! Maybe even look for an old chassis that a team might want to part with!
    good luck, Sandy

;D

I'm one of those guys... I've got a mechinical egineer as a father that has raced pretty much every thing that had a means of steering. He's my designer, and I'm the builder.

I'm asking to see if there would be any market for something like this. If so, then I'll build them. I've seen that North American Exotic Replica Cars offers an "exact Diablo chassis replica" but I'm wondering about the Ferrari guys. Even at 150 MPH, I don't want to trust a frame that was designed to do 110 MPH, and then further modified. Besides, tube frames are 100 times stiffer, and weigh about half as much.

Major

Why aren't tube frames used in everyday production cars if they're so much more efficient?

They cost to much and take a lot longer to build so just the top end cars 100,000 + have tube frames

Gene

Gene:

I would be interested in a frame to build a 360 kit upon. I like the front and rear suspension from Dave Held i.e. big brakes, etc and have those components installed on my 355 replica. I have about 8k in the suspension and brakes. I want to build on a Northstar engine and Porsche transaxle for the 360. If your thinking of something along the lines of 10K or so with late model Corvette parts, that would be a great day in America
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

When I get this Countach frame togeather I'll have a look at material available on the 360 ,frame pictures or any plans to scale from. Gene

Gene:
    I would like to get my hands on some Ferrari F355 Replica Chassis blueprints or plans

I think some of you guys need to get a grip on reality.I mean your talking abuut custom frames,northstar engins,all kinds of suspenion mods,interior,custom tops,real wheels,and so on,Ive seen real 355s for under 80K,To me it sounds like your willing to spend about 60K,and doing a lot of work yourself :-/

Thats Because Where I live I have to pay 2.5 mil. DKr for a Ferrari. Thats About $320k US Dollars