Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SW Ontario Spring Kit and Replica Show

SW Ontario Spring Kit and Replica Show

I am sinply probing to see if there is enough interest to set up a large scale Kit and Replica show for Ontario.This would be a fairly simple event for owners and enthusiasts to get together to share there dream cars and dreams, but there would also be awards for the best of different classes and best of show. If there seems to be enough interest, I will start to set up the event.
    Keith Schmitt

Re: SW Ontario Spring Kit and Replica Show

I would definately be interested in attending this event and even to show my 355 once it is completed. Count me in!!

355lover

For sure!!

Even though my car wont be done for another 2-3 years maybe, i'll still love to attend count me in!

Marcello Trubiani

No car to show I would definately like to see what's out there...I'm in
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

I am in .. I can help in anyway let me know. It maybe tougher than you think but we need a date, a place then go from there. Toronto Fiero club has had a few cars show up. My dad has hosted European car shows (mgb/etc) with a few kits showing up. The Ontario Handcrafted Vehicle Club may have something to offer up as well.

My suggestion .. Cambridge Power Center. Get some sponsers like Building Box or Cdn Tire or WalMart or Staples or Montanas etc. They are all there and they have a real large parking lot that is not used extensively and great vantage point from the highway.

We need signup forms and such to REALLY guage the interest.

Check with the Superformance folks in Toronto .. they use the Mapleview Mall car show for "their" kit car shows :-)
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

kitcarnut

I'm in, but make it in May .

Just a thought...For the first year or two I think it will be much easier to merge with an excisiting cruise night...one that's been established for a few years. *My father helps organize one in Mississauga...it's alot of work. *Finding a place where people will let large amounts of cars isn't as easy as it sounds, you have the mall owners and surrounding residents to deal with...so I suggest contact ALL the local cruises and ask if they mind adding a "specialty car" section to the cruise night...lets face it all the work has been done...locations and regular weekly schedules have already been set!!!...all we have to do is show up and park in our designated section...if it's a big hit THEN I recommend starting your own night...ride the the coat tails of others for two years...make sence!!!

Keith/DRM Motorsports I asked my father about the cruise night he is involved with, if there is a large turn out of cars that are not classics/muscle cars they will section off a "specialty car" spot...it will be MUCH more feasible for you to merge or even set up dates with other kit car owners and just show up. *Cruise night operators must carry a minimum of 1,000,000 liabilty insurance in case anything where to happen on the property hosting the gathering. *The cruise where my father is involved has a bar/restaurant in the plaza who is nice enough to cover the insurance expence. Like I said uptop*try to contact as many people as you can with kit cars and find out when/where the cruise nights are...and just show up!!!

I agree,

Possibly merging with another club than branching off might be a bit more successful just do to the fact this organization from mississauga has been running for a while now im assuming it will draw more "enthusiasts" to the kit cars and thus becoming possbile followers of our idea for setting up our own show, so yes i do think that this is a great offer Keith, what do you think?

Marcello Trubiani

But the idea is to have 1 night .. to get them all together..
    ie a Show not just a cruise where 1 or 2 show up on any given week.

So pick A NIGHT to attend some regular cruise night then that
    would be the EVENT to advertise :-)

Some cruises dont allow post 80ish vehicles (eg. the Home Depot cruise in Kitchener .. but if we asked to open up a lane for just kits then perhaps it might work)
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca