Thread: lamborghini Builders

lamborghini Builders

i know that several of you are building Lamborghini Kits on here. Can any of you tell me what company and kit you are using and if you are happy. This gos for the Countach and the Diablo. I am still trying to make up my mind on which kit to buy now , the Countach or the Diablo, for the money when i sell it i guess it will be the Diablo. Thanks for the help. And if you have any pictures to share please do so.

Re: lamborghini Builders

I have a Countach 25th that came from www.ExoticRebodies.com There kits are good quality and I would recomend them. However they just recently sold there 25th molds I was accually debating buying the molds (the price was right) Oh well. They do still sell the diablo kits but they just sell the glass, You need to fab / source out all the other parts. There doors are set up for non functional windows but you could change that.

If you would like a countach, I would recomend buying from Alan at www.euroworksltd.com , There kits are pretty compete and good quality. Hope this helps.

D&R offers the complete kits for both Diablo and Countach. They even have the Diablo roadster. Their kits are very good quality and have great fit and finish.

D&R is my number one choice for the Diablo, but at this time the price of there kit is a little too high, i wish they would sell the kit in stages. Maybe after i get my shop built and save a little more i could go for it. I am guessing that you know Roger Shelton , you have mentioned his name several times, i talked to him sevral years ago before he started his kitcar business and got to busy to talk anymore. Guess it means he is making money. Talk to you soon.

Roger is booked up and staying very busy building kits. *I think he was overwhelmed by the amount of kit builds he accumulated in a short period of time. *He may be able to get a kit in any stage you want if you contact him. *He may be a little hard to reach, because he in the process of relocating for more workspace, but keep trying.

Joey Burton

Re:lamborghini Builders

I don't know about their Diablo's but I WOULD NOT recommend a 25th Anniversary from IFG. If you want full details ask for e-mail address. I don't want to write a full page (maybe two even), unless somebody really wants to hear it. Don't get me started!HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by lamboman
    I have a Countach 25th that came from www.ExoticRebodies.com There kits are good quality and I would recomend them. However they just recently sold there 25th molds I was accually debating buying the molds (the price was right) Oh well. They do still sell the diablo kits but they just sell the glass, You need to fab / source out all the other parts.
    Actually they just sold their Diablo molds too. To me! I am working on setting up a website now. I should have them available for sale by late March/early April.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

Hi
    I have a short wheel base body from the infamous "Exotic Enterprises" , I like the detail on the body, like the periscope roof indentation and the lines are pretty good , it will require a lot of work to make it look wright, but I am up for the challenge.

Buying from IFG was a big mistake for me as well. It took me a year of playing nice and trying to convince them I was going to buy another one after this one to actually GET all my kits pieces. That was the easy part. The body is NOT symetrical, the windshield is lop sided, the door windows are curved Diagonally so flat glass can not be used unless you do what I'm doing... cutting off the top, removing the non-symetrical windshield bars, raising the top about 2 1/2 inches in the rear of the roof and squaring the entire windshield, roof, door sills, and rear of the vehicle. I was very disgusted with the "quality" of the kit. Not even the air intakes were at the same angle, and the panels below the door were different heights by an inch and a half. I have details on my web site if you want to check them out, http://www.geocities.com/specialeffectsguy/kitcar but Go with Euroworks. I've heard nothing but great things from them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEffectsGuy
    Buying from IFG was a big mistake for me as well. It took me a year of playing nice and trying to convince them I was going to buy another one after this one to actually GET all my kits pieces. That was the easy part. The body is NOT symetrical, the windshield is lop sided, the door windows are curved Diagonally so flat glass can not be used unless you do what I'm doing... cutting off the top, removing the non-symetrical windshield bars, raising the top about 2 1/2 inches in the rear of the roof and squaring the entire windshield, roof, door sills, and rear of the vehicle. I was very disgusted with the "quality" of the kit. Not even the air intakes were at the same angle, and the panels below the door were different heights by an inch and a half. I have details on my web site if you want to check them out, http://www.geocities.com/specialeffectsguy/kitcar but Go with Euroworks. I've heard nothing but great things from them.

I liked you site. I have an Ifg 25th. I have a similar list of disgusting features on mine as well. After lowering the front end I noticed the passenger fender well was a 1/2in. closer to the tire than the drivers side. I got out the jig saw and went to work. But the list goes on. My question to Ray is "Why do you have to cut his cars apart to put them together right??"