Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiero 355 replica Hubs?

Fiero 355 replica Hubs?

Are these things real or not? From what i can tell, the *manufacturer of these things has them on permanent backorder. It seems like I need to place my order now for delivery in 2004 *>

Mapics & DKOV, how long did it take for your deliveries?
    Attack Roadster, F355 Spyder, F512TR Coupe &amp; Diablo Roadster<br /><br />If only money grew on freaking trees!!!

Re: Fiero 355 replica Hubs?

VETK2000:

I used a Held Motor Sports Slalom front end that used a 1984 Corvette rear hub 5 on 4.75 inches. I re-drilled the bolt pattern to fit a Ferrari bolt pattern 5 on 108mm and use the 12 inch Wilwood brake package. What are you trying to accomplish?

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

my objective is to use the real 18" 355 wheels with the held widetrack kit, with no spacer involved to change the bolt pattern to 5 x 108.

Did you do the same to modify the front end bolt pattern?
    Attack Roadster, F355 Spyder, F512TR Coupe &amp; Diablo Roadster<br /><br />If only money grew on freaking trees!!!

I used Held's wide track suspension to get the stance right but had a set of custom hubs build to 5x108, the stock Ferrari wheel stud pattern.

Once started, total time for the buildup from the shop was about 6 weeks.

Are they real? OH YES!!! Are they sweet? OH YES!!!

They also defeat something that most people don't think about... Front Wheel Bearings. The new 5x108 wheel bearings are all built from REAR wheel bearing assemblies using NEW timkin RACE STANDARD bearings. They bolt right onto Held's newer front drop spindles (that use rear wheel bearings) and thus bolt up the rest of the car with ZERO issues.

Bad news is, they are about $750 per set ready to install. I bartered alot of my cost so DON'T take that number as solid... Might be lower or higher... Timkin isn't doing them for everyone and I don't know what they'd charge me to build another set.

All I can say is, I'll try!

Let me know how I can help... Sounds like this is EXACTLY what you want though. It's what I wanted... a straight bolt-on solution for Ferrari wheels that won't mess with bearing life or suspension geometry. THESE are it!!!

DKOV -

wait....dkov & Mapics, whos rotors are you using with held's brake system. Doesnt the ferrari bolt pattern make the rotors supplied in the kit obsolete?

MAPICS and I have different Brake Kits on our cars... I have the 13.1 kits and he has 12s.

With my 13.1 inch kit, Held will drill them to whatever I need. Or you can have a local machine shop drill them.

I do have a set of original 355 rotors to use with my car as well.

Not obsolete... just "optional"

DKOV -

'scuse me, but hey MAPICS_man, did you use '84 'vette rear hubs on Held (drop) spindles, that normally use Fiero rear hubs? And they fit okay? So what did you use on the rear to get a different bolt circle?

The first time I built my Mirage kit car I used wheel adapters and Momo wheels that had a 5 on 4.75 bolt circle, the second time I wanted to get rid of the adapters. This time I selected Held Motor Sports Slalom Suspension +4 inches, 12 inch Wilwood brakes, coil over shocks and anti-dive geometry they included a direct bolt on 5 on 4.75 bolt pattern. The Slalom suspension uses a special hub adapter that can use several different hubs. The hubs that came on my suspension were from the rear of a 1984 Corvette and a standard GM bolt circle of 5 on 4.75. Dave Held could not get me hubs drilled for a Ferrari 5 on 108mm so I fabricated my own. I had my rotor hats drilled at a machine shop for the new 5 on 108mm bolt circle. I had the old Corvette studs pushed out of the hubs and place the rotor hat over my Corvette hub. I noticed I could have the holes re-drilled in the existing hubs and new long studs (from an S-10 4X4 are inch longer-#323 stamped on back of stud) pushed into the hub to direct mount my Ferrari wheels to the Slalom Suspension. The whole thing cost about $150.00 to change plus studs. The rear has custom hubs and axles set up for a modified HMS anti-bump steer suspension. All bolt patterns are now 5 on 108mm. I would imagine that DKOV had to use a wheel spacer on the rear to avoid having the 10 inch wide Ferrari wheel hit the springs. The other way around that problem is to use 355 7.5 X 18 inch wheels on the rear with a +8 inch suspension and axle package. They will clear just fine.

Nope

Held Wide Track +4 inches with Koni Coil Overs. Everything fits

Gotta love 295s on the back!!!

DKOV -

DKOV:

When I tried that set up, my spring on the shock strut hit against the rim. I still needed a good inch additional clearance. How did you do it? Here is a shot with the standard suspension +4 and another set with the anti-bump steer. The Ferrari wheel has a much different offset than the Momo wheels had on them. Ferrari rim still hit the shock, the Momo did not. Send photos. I want to do what you did on the next one.