Thread: stretching the 355....?????

stretching the 355....?????

Hi all,

TO all who have stretched a fiero wether the cradle or the frame which one would give you more room???? I'd like to turbo a north* and would like to have more room on the rear end side of the sideways mounted motor....DO you think that 3 inches would be enough room????
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Re: stretching the 355....?????

The cradle stetch is a pretty good way to go. If you want to use a trunk on a 355 kit, you need to do some serious modificatioins to the whole area. Just cut out the trunk and make a water tight one after the N* is installed and working. Heck, a case of beer can always fit where the spare tire is supposed to go.

Jim

I have done both. The cradle stretch is the easiest way and the most cost effective. Since you interested in installing a turbo on the car (I have the same plans for my 3800) you will need to remove part or all (I removed all) of the trunk. You will need room on the passenger side of your north* to change the plugs and both will provide an extra 3 inches of room for you. Once the trunk is removed, toy have a few feet on the rear side to play with. I welded in some brackets and installed an "X" brace between the strut towers to keep the car sound. Look under FunnyWheels for the pinks to the Cradle modifications and FunnyWheels Paint Progress for some of the photos.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Hi all,

The prob I see is having the trunk to use.....I'd like as much of the trunk as possible, I've seen your pics and that is one beeeeyouuuuteeeffullll car.....A truly beautiful car.....
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...