Thread: Resource Help

Resource Help

ok im getting closer and closer to it and im getting a little curious,

I know what are some standard and extra tools you would need for a Kit Car project, now heres my next question. What would be a suitable enviornment to perform it? like of course a shop is the best thing, but i dont own one (yet ) so i guess any garage but mine is a little too small i think, like it can barely fit a 2 door 88' jimmy, so im guessing thats kinda out of the question. Can any one gimme any ideas?

Thx

Marcello Trubiani

Re: Resource Help

As a business owner...save money where you can...do it in your garage. If you factor in tools and rental space (ie: alternate garage to build car) you might as well get a professional to build it for you...it will probably be cheaper. 10x20 storage unit is approx $300/month...lets be reasonable about a first time builder (???are you???)...$300x24 months =$7200...you still have to buy tools and supplies!!!

Just my 2 cents ;D

Hope it doesn't sound offensive...not my intentions
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

yes i am a first time builder, and yea i guess that does make alot of sence thx

Marcello Trubiani

I've seen great things come out of small shops. *I agree with lambo, use what you got. *As long as you have a place to store your stuff you can work outside. *I have a nice size shop and I still like to work outside sometimes. *

A small home garage is great as long as you are not too cramped, to the point that you get frustrated and give up on your dream.We have a large shop and still find it tight for space some times.

bump
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

For the past year, I have been building my AD355 kit in a small garage. When the car is in the garage, I cannot open the doors. Most of the time, this is not an issue. Sure, I would like to have a bigger working space.

Tools needed:
    - Tool set (box wrenches, screw driver)(PS, I have been using a $20 harbor freight set with no problem)
    - Saws-all and lots of blades
    - Jig saw
    - Sanding block
    - Dremel (I am on my four one for this build)
    - Jack stands
    - Hand drill (with lots of bits)
    and
    - First aid kit

Tools I am really glad to have:
    - Drill press
    - Air Compressor
    - 3" cut off wheel
    - 5" grind wheel
    - blow off gun
    - DA sander