Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pedal set group buy update 9/4/01

Pedal set group buy update 9/4/01

95% of the specs have been sent into the "pedguy" and cardborad templates are being developed. He, like all of us is on vacation during the holiday so I dont expect much to be done until next week.

I will keep everybody up to snuff as progress is made and post all pics along the way.

Thanks for your patience.

If anyone else wants in, it's not too late as production has not quite started as of yet and you are still eligible for the "special edition" Ferrari logo engraving.

What I would like at this point is a roster of who is in already, name and email, what you are in for, and what and how you paid. The response was bigger than expected and I would like all the info in one place...here. When peds are ready, I will refer to here to collect remaining balance if neceassy and get ship to addresses. Canadians need to tell me about the customs thing...I am unfamiliar as to how to deal with it.

Thanks for your time.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to attempt to answer them.

...soon, real soon!

Re: Pedal set group buy update 9/4/01

I'm in for a complete set FunnyWheels.

Dave Newman
    newmdav@ispwest.com
    Deposit sent to you in the Amount of $250. Balance payable when delivered.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I am in for a complete 7-piece mcnugget ;D.

Bob Roward

superstang460@yahoo.com

$300 paid on August 25th, balance to be paid in full upon completion
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Pete, What is the status on the order? Are me and Dave the only guys in on this?

no, there are several guys in on it...

production will start tommororw.

Thanks for the update let me know when you can ship the set

what do you guys think about swapping out the heelguard for a passenger side toeguard.

This is waht the 360 Modena has done and it looks awesome.

Basically the toeguard on the passenger side balances out the pedal section on the driver side.

I had the opportunity today to look at a Modena and I really like the aluminum to be up in the toe area.

I emailed the bedman to let him know and he wrote me back to tell me no prob if we wanted it.

It would look a lot more ferrari than the heel guards...

I can offer both just let me know your preference.

Personally, I am going with the OEM ferrari look and doing a toeguard instead.

by the way...all dims have been fowarded to the pedguy.

he will start production of the templates on monday.

He was whalopped twice by 'canes so it's set us back a week or so.* He just got power back yesterday!!!

The next one is predicted to hit the Gulf side so it wont affect him hopefully but now we need to wish Bondo Bob well....

Apparantly it's in his direct path!

Matters at hand....

we are going with the real ferrari size `clutch and brake (auto and man) template.* They will be notched the same as as Ferrari did.

The gas pedal will be a hybrid of Fiero/Ferrari.* We cant do an exact Ferrari because the Fiero ped is a bit wider.* I opted to go with a pedal that requires no modification on our factory pedal. We compromised to the thinnest pedal possible with a lower left flange coming out to hide the lower left extrusion of the fiero pedal.* It will look very good and if anyone has the balls to point out to you that it doesnt look like a factory ferrari set, just go ahead and open your engine bay and show him the GM powerplant.....

I will send the cardboad templates out to Fiero owners with digcams so we can test fit.

the only gray area is to make sure that the gentle curve of the pedals match perfectly the curve of the actual pedals so we dont get a rocking effect. John was gracious enough to dismantle and send out a set of peds to him to make sure everything fits perfectly....

We are on our way....

I personally think the passenger heelgaurd will be fine. It is functional and will match the driver side dead pedal. The toe gaurd would look too overpowering. A few more square inches of aluminum in the interior and we may as well carpet the whole floor in diamond plate. I am not opposed to having the toegaurd separate and maybe concider it once I see it in a completed car, but for right now I like the original 7-piece kit we all agreed on and feel that will set my car off nicely.

there will be a dead pedal on both sides.....so thats already a balance.

what the modena did was to use a passenger toeguard to balance the pedals themselves which are both back in the footwell.

then the matching heelguards then balance each other down low.

So again I bring this point up because only a passenger toeguard will balance the pedal set. Without one, theres nothing to balance the pedals themselves. We will be driver side heavy without it... is exactly the point here. I forgot to consider this in the design and it didnt dawn on me until I saw the 360 today.

What ever you like...this is merely something to consider. Sketch it out on paper and get a feel for the balances. It would almost look better to just have a passenger heelguard only then at least the aluminum will be close to equal in the two areas with the exception of one back one down.

Maybe I'm being a bit picky but hell, if it's good enough for the 360 then dammit it works for me... :-*