Thread: FIero GT for $1,700 resonable

FIero GT for $1,700 resonable

is a fiero gt V6 standard resonable for 1,700?
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14115334210.jpg&s=x4

Re: FIero GT for $1,700 resonable

Obviously, it depends on condition. If it's fully optioned, and rust free, then it's probably worth it. Look for rust under the trunk carpet, on the sides. If you're cutting all that out anyway, find something cheaper. The big question is: What's it worth to you?

Good luck

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

that sounds kinda high to me,they are a lot cheaper than that around here .

If you are looking for a donor to strip down, I'd want to find something cheaper. They are out there. If you are looking for a Fiero to drive and it is in good shape, that is not a terrible deal (depending on options and condition as said above). What year model is it? Any damage?
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

I have heard of some people paying as low as $500.Your not too concerned with the paint or bodies condition as long as the frame isnt bent from an auto accident.Use caution if you live in a state with snow,because they use salt to melt the snow,and the salt wreaks havick on the chassie (chews away at the metal)I paid $1750,because I didn't have the patience to try and find something lower.The milage was decent too 80,000 mi.Remember the money you save can go twards other things such as carpet or sterio.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

I paid $250 for my 86 GT, but it was ruff, then again most of the panels are not going to be used on a kit and I knew I was going to do a engine swap, the only thing I have done to it was replace the clutch and some new tires and I have been driving it as a work car until this winter.
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Do yourself a favor and don't go cheap on the donor vehicle. You usually get what you pay for and it's worth paying more for a car that has been maintained and garaged. Your not going to find a rust free car with all of the major systems operating properly for nothing. The last thing you want is a crappy donor that is going to take a lot of time and money to make road worthy before you can even get started on the fun part, the cool body kit your going to install. I mean can you imagine driving around in an awesome looking "Ferrari" with smoke pouring out the exhaust and oil leaking all over your parking space and getting beat at the stop light by a Hyundai? You'd be the laughing stock of the neighborhood.
    So to make a long story short, no $1700 for a decent GT is not unreasonable. There is a cherry low mileage 88 Formula for sale in Sparta, WI right now for $4900. Nice ones are getting harder and harder to find and aren't getting any cheaper either.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Thanks for all the advise guys.. i think im going down today to buy it
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14115334210.jpg&amp;s=x4

If it helps I just bought an 87 GT loaded with all options and 72k original miles on it for 2500.00. It has new Mr. Mike seats, Ferrari tail panel and lights, carbon fiber gage covers, two sunroofs (one is a spare), car cover, new tires with the tits still on the tread and day glow gages and some more stuff. Any way I wish I had used a car like this for my donor would have been a lot easier and worth the extra cash. I paid 100.00 for my donor but have thousands in it and have only driven it down the street once. I guess I'm eating my words and saying do not buy a cheap donor that you will have to dump a lot of money into It is not worth it. I found out the hard way. Yea I know what you are thinking is there a 355 coupe build in the future :

I wish I could find a '86 GT or better for that price. Then again every GT I see is in CDN $ not american currency. 1700 US comes out to roughly 3000 CDN. Cheapest I've seen an '86 GT go for was 3600. Typically they go for $5000, but I've seen this one with only 44,000 miles, mint in and out, for 8000K but it sold. Then there's the nut cases who have under 20000 miles on their Fiero GT and they try to sell it for 20,000.