Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust locations

Exhaust locations

I am working on the rear clip of my kit and I see that I will have to cut out some of my trunk to get the stock locations for the exhaust outlets.* I went on to Technical Discussion and grabbed Jim Alshock's rear clip pic and did a little cut and paste. I hope I can use this pic for the comparison without upsetting anyone.

Aside from not being original which I already know, so please don't bother going after me on that one....*

What does everyone think about the exhaust being out further?* I have not made my mind up yet and I am curious to what everyone else thinks of the idea.

Cheers
    Don

Original position.*

My cutting and pasting of the exhaust for look.

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Re: Exhaust locations

Don: The little cut and paste trick turned out nice, Wish it was that easy with fiberglass Widening the exhaust outlets
    makes a already wide car look mega wide. I LIKE IT! I too widened my outlet location it was tricky but it was worth the extra. I welded in mandrel 90 right behind the rear valence to clear the frame. tight but very do able.

David
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Lots of early kits has the exhaust wide like that to match the stock Fiero location. The way I see it, it's your car. Make it look good to you. Not very many people will even notice it and the ones who do are just looking for something to be wrong.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

Don:

I moved mine to the center to install a trailer hitch.* I have seen them moved out like yours are as well.* The people who normally do that do not want to notch out the trunk corners.* There is room on the Fiero exhaust to cut and fit the pipes on the stock muffler using the Fiero tips with the exception of the megaphone style tips.

Just another $.00225 CAN in the mix.

Dave

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

to my eye, there is no difference in aethetics.

do whats easier and be done with it.

Should be a much easier decision for you than the decision I had NOT to stretch my car. Everybody was telling me it wasnt worth it so I passed on it. I agonized about it though.

Youre fine either way. It's not a glaring flaw

Thanks for the input all;

I like the wider stance look as well the more I look at the pictures.....

Wider it goes.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Hi all,

Bout how much of the trunk would you have to cut to have center exaust outlets...??
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

What muffler are you thinking about using for this?

I still need to find some rubber mounts to mount it to the car, so if anyone has some insite to that, please let me know.* I will visit Jim A. and see how he did this for some ideas.* OEM does not use rubber and they have some special springs.. $$$
    Either way I need to come up with a mounting solution, but it does fit.

NOTE:* There are two versions of a 355 muffler.* One with a belly and one without.
    As you can see my muffler hangs below my bumber, not all that great looking.* I didn't know at the time, that there were 2 versions of this muffler, and I just happened to get stuck with this one.* I am now shopping for the other version.
    So if you are looking for a 355 muffler to buy, buy the one without the belly on the bottom.* See smaller pic for muffler without the belly.