Thread: is this legal to do to your car in public??????

is this legal to do to your car in public??????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hi i was wondering is it illegal to cover your car in a public parking lot? i mean just like a regular car cover which covers the entire car including the tags when its parked at a shopping center or mall.i just dont want to leave my car in those places for people to mess with on weekends when i take it out. some jealous kids or other people might key the car if no one is watching. plus i was wondering can a cop give me a ticket if i cover my car? just wondering what you guys think ? will i get in trouble or not? do any of you do that?

Re: is this legal to do to your car in public??????

I don't think it is illegal. I think it is sort of a double-sided sword. On the one hand, your car is protected from the elements and prying eyes... On the other hand, people wonder what is under there and will be drawn to take a look. I used to cover my 911 when I was at work. Never did it at a mall or anything though.

One exception might be if you worked at a Federal building or something. You might come out to find the Secret Service and the bomb squad there!
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

around here the expensive cars like the rolls, posches, and ferraris always park right in front of the door (1st spot up) so that anyone messing with the car would be in full view of everyone (and it keeps people away really)
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Covering your car in a public lot would be like putting a big sign on it that says "Mess with me!!!"

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

hmmmm interesting thoughts. :-\

and wouldnt someone just steal the car cover if your leaving it unattended?

Quote Originally Posted by RCR
    Covering your car in a public lot would be like putting a big sign on it that says "Mess with me!!!"

Bob
    Exactly, it is like the guy who double parks so nobody parks right next to him and avoid dings and scratches. Those are the cars that get intentional scratches and a big ford LTD parked 3 inches away from it squeezed in the half of a parking spot left.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

haha yes thats a good point! the car which double parks in a very busy shopping center pisses me off. im going around and around trying to find a parking space and no luck until 5- 10 mins later. but then i see this honda which took 2 spaces right in the middle of the lot. this makes me sooooooooooo want to keythat car for taking up a extra parking space . i see this everyday in my area. today at a fast food resturant a green mustang took 3 spaces right in front of the door! i soo want to key them for that. but anyways if i take 2 spaces i will never even go close to the parking lot i will go all the way to the end of the lot where there is no cars around at all. it will just be a long walk to get to it. but at least i wont piss people off.