Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I Deal With CK3?

Should I Deal With CK3?

Is CK3 worth the effort if you pay & pickup in person. I'm in the market for a 512tr, and i believe they are the only guys around. I know v8 archie still has his molds from his rossa kit but I want the 512tr not the old rosa body. European Custom Exotics had a fantastic looking one at Knotts for the past 3 years, but I dont know if they are still around after the kiss of death Kitcar magazine writeup.

Re: Should I Deal With CK3?

I don't have the time to discuss this tonight but log into www.kitcar.com, click on Consumer Alert! and read up on CK3. Better still, do a search at same site under "CK3". There's a lawyer in Calgary, Alberta (I'd have to check my emails> last year), he has represented a few U.S. people.
    Happy reading,
    Sandy

I've been going to kitcar.com since 1997, so I know all about CK3 and their reputation. But i would'nt order the kit, I would only pay for a 100% complete kit in person after I see every piece on my truck. If the fiberglass is crap, NO DEAL. If one bolt is on backorder, NO DEAL.

Well, is there anyone else that produces a 512tr kit that you know of?

Well, I just thought I would check up on www.kitcar.com/consumer alerts to see any updates on CK3. What a surprise!!!
    29 January 2002
    Ck3 Design
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

27 January 2002. Today I received an email that reads (in part): "I was interested in finding out more info on this company... I
    had an opportunity to visit their facilities recently in Calgary... they are NO LONGER THERE... they have gone out of
    business. Just thought I would pass this on. K. Fortinski"

Although their website is still operating, their 800# is out of service. My guess is Blaine Kennedy has NOT written CK3 off. I just checked with directory assistance in Calgary. They have a line listed for CK3 (403-231-2812) but a FAX is answering(maybe off-hours)!!! Their 2nd "shipping company" went by the name of "Advanced Definition Systems"!!!
    Sandy

He He!!! Just as I thought... logged into CK3's website and under "Contact", it reads...
    "We are currently relocating. Once we are moved, we will post all of our new contact information."
    Sandy

Hello, I sent you a personal message, maybe you did't get it. I met a guy that lives fairly close to me that use to be in the kitcar business that built Testarossa and 512tr replicas. He still ownes the molds and sells a few parts for old customers that have damaged there kit or other kit owners that need replacement parts. If your intrested i could contact him for you or anyone else that wants to build a Testarossa or 512tr replicas. he has helped me out with all kinds of build information and pictures.Wish i had found him before i purchased my kit from some other guy that really lied to me and gave me the run-around. I hope this helps, if you have any questions please let know.

Jam1875

I didn't receive any PM.
    Sandy ??? ???

You know it is really wierd. I spoke with the owner only about 3 months ago. He was great. He said that they have been so successfull in shipping cars to Japan that he needed a larger location. He said that he was going to move into a 30000 sqft shop, they make their own shells and chassis. Stange thing is - never once seen one of their cars. I live in Calgary and have never seen their shop. I asked to come over he said they were really busy and because they don't sell kits he had nothing to show me. Wierd . . .

Janiceho, Ck3 does sell to Japan, in fact, most of what he sells is to Japan. Because of the distance, to take court action is harder. I know of 4 U.S. customers who got burnt by this guy. I, *myself, spent the better part of 18 months with Mastercard, retrieving some of my cash for items never sent. In fact, he sold me some Recaro A8's, promised to ship them with my car, then turned around and sold them to a Japanese client.....I could go on & on & on....pathetic! Give a call to the RCMP sgt. Bob Knight of the fraud detachment in Calgary. He should be able to fill you in .
    tel 403-301-2741

I guess you guys are trying to say i shouldnt bother right ;D

jam1875

Oh dam you know i never look up there. Anyway, I remember Creative Cars, I was thinking of getting one of his kits back in 98. I wondered what happened to him, I thought Ferrari got to him.

Anybody know about European Exotic Cars in california? The owner (David Terrill?) had an amazing product at knotts and had a write up in Kitcar magazine about 5 months ago.