Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New member,and next hot topic

New member,and next hot topic

I am preasently doing the builds at B&B Spyder in Clearwater Florida.I'm suprised to see so many people know of us,as were just a little hole in the wall.anyway,I could probley answer most of your questions with the result of me loseing my job if Bill happens to read this forum,but go ahead and shoot :-/

Re: New member,and next hot topic

I like you member name 'BondoBob' gots a good ring to it . Like 'Rustynails'
    lol

Btw you should of said " I know a guy that works at B&B Spyder" this way you wouldn't have to worry about losing your job.
    www.xvelocity.com

Ok Bondo Bob... Whats going on with B&B.. i recived an email promising me an update to the spyder version... 6 months ago. I hear you have seprated the rockers as well....

PIctures man !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

hey bob,

here's a question for you: a while ago i emailed b & b regarding ordering a couple of your rear quarter glasses for my ferrari 355 berlinetta kit, but i never got a response. would you be able to sell me the quarter panels? and how much?
    (just so i'm sure, they're made of real glass right?)

Thanks,
    FerrariMPH

Welcome to the forum!

I also have sent a few Emails to B&B...never a response.

Steve
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

In realation to 360's question,we cut the top off of a coup and spliced in a souround pannel if you will.Well the first atempt did'nt work out that well.I hade to stress the parts too much,and we all know what happens when you force fiberglass,it starts cracking everywhere when you start driveing the thing.So what I want to do is remold the whole back end.As for the seprate rockers,Bill never mentioned anything about it to me,but I did see rockers laying around thuugh.I like the idea of seperate rockers.Makes it look so much better and when you open up the door you dont have that big space like "should'nt something be here?" I was looking at a way to take off some of the bottom of the door but it looks like there isnt enough room to do enough good enless you do some major sergery.Any ideas anybody? I want to keep it simple so the average kit builder can do it. As far as Bill not answering his e mail,I dont know what to tell you.The shop phone # is 727-449-2598. I'll take my camera to work and get some shots of things Im working on.

So Bondo Bob... whats the latest news? Any new spyder pics?
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Bobdo Bob, isn't it true that Bill copied his 355 molds from John Watson's kit that he had in the Daytona show a few years ago (the Black kit) then sold the black car on ebay to some guy in New York?. From what I have seen of the B&B kit, the quality is less than desirable and requires a lot of bondo to almost get the kit lines true to the OEM 355.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I had heard a similar story from luis yanez aka wild rides.
    They were just reselling in the begining.

I started working for Bill Twords the beging of this year when he just mooved into a bigger shop.His last shop was a single stall.And looking at the pitchers on the website under current builds,it looks to me like this might be Watsons shop.It sure isnt Bills shop.And your right about the fit,I use about a case of bondo to get theese things to look right.He told me that he had to destroy his first set of molds because they were being sold out the back door.He has his molds at a fiberglass shop.But he said that he had to make a new set of molds because of this.Funny thing is,the new molds are at the same fiberglass shop :