Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what a color!

what a color!

hey, i came across this color that i thought was really nice... what do you reckon guys?

http://www.dupontregistry.com/Celebritycar/summer04/clSmr04-DaunteCulpepper.asp?sessionkey={5B9EC784-823A-44B0-9E37-073952F9E527}

Re: what a color!

very nice :>:>:>: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

do you have more pictures

I don't know about the 360 but 'Big Jit' looks like a Photoshop job to me.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

I noticed that too. The emblems look altered. I did here about the ferrari though. It is House of Kolor UK-14(spanish gold kandy) over top of BC-08 (nova orange) with a mix of PBC-31 (sunset pearl).
    The car was in one of my custom airbrushing magazines I get. It was originally done for a Cleveland Cavs player. Kandy jobs are very difficult to get consistant on large areas. Who ever did the paint knew what they were doing and propably charged a truck load to do it. I've seen Kandy jobs go for $3500 on a motorcycle (two fenders, 1 gas tank). Could you imagine doing an entire car with door jambs, trunk, even under the headlight glass? My guess is in excess of $20,000 for paint
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Candy is clear tinted with a color painted over another color then cleared it is no harder than painting two or three stage paint.

kitcarnut

Quote Originally Posted by F355spider
    Candy is clear tinted with a color painted over another color then cleared it is no harder than painting two or three stage paint.
    NO you are wrongI most Kandys are silver or gold based ,then Kandy over and 3rd Clearcoat.* OEM PEARL COLLORS ARE NOT AS SAME AS CUSTOM JOB.
    most people get the tiger stripes or darker spots on uneven overlaps.

Quote Originally Posted by kitcarnut
    Quote Originally Posted by F355spider
    NO you are wrongI most Kandys are silver or gold based ,then Kandy over and 3rd Clearcoat.* OEM PEARL COLLORS ARE NOT AS SAME AS CUSTOM JOB.
    most people get the tiger stripes or darker spots on uneven overlaps.
    I will leave this alone and let you believe what you want to. gold or silver LOL

Hey F355 , you shouldn't laugh at people before you look up how these jobs are done , i've painted candy 15 years ago and it seems the process hasn't changed since then . http://www.bikernet.com/garage/martinez.asp .

Later

Quote Originally Posted by dhart99

Hey F355 , you shouldn't laugh at people before you look up how these jobs are done , i've painted candy 15 years ago and it seems the process hasn't changed since then . http://www.bikernet.com/garage/martinez.asp .

Later
    Your explination of Kandy said the same as me. The job would cost $3200-3500. I have worked exclusively with House of Kolor paints at my sign shop as an airbrush artist. Kandy systems are very easy to stripe or make too dark and difficult to blend. I have done several custom jobs and from my experience, I would not wish to do a complete Kandy job on a car. Doing all of the edging and getting the kandy to lay down consistant could be tricky.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions