Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally a good looking murcielago replica is here!

finally a good looking murcielago replica is here!

ha! finally a good looking murcilago replica from triangle g website. i was browsing around and i saw there new red murci replica there. it look really good compare to the bad blue one they had in the past. if you go to their site , you can see a huge change to make it look like the real thing . i was looking at it and could not tell if its real or not. check out the front and the back lights all corrected from errors i the past. the only thing about it is the top . but that is minor to get soooo close. this is going in the right direction. check out their website and see for yourself. since they are getting soooo close i might just get one of these in the future because the diablo is getting very old and dated. the new nmurci will last anoter 20 years.

Re: finally a good looking murcielago replica is here!

That car is old news. It was at knotts earlier this year. It is the same basic body as the blue car as well (I'm pretty sure Steve just used a seprate mold panel for the roof and used the same old mold panels for the rest of the body). The only difference is the color, black thing under the bumper, butt lights, and its got a hole in its roof. I have a great deal of respect for Steve and I think he is a brilliant body manufacturer, but I don't agree that the G24 is even remotely close to a murcielago.

unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is not a decent murci kit out there. The triangle g kit is more of a "take off" rather than a replica. Still waiting, and waiting and waiting, for a decent REPLICA. I do know of a few builds in progress, but no finished product yet.
    Darren

not the yellow version but the red one . the red one is getting there.

The red ones body is the same as the blue one with the exception of the top.

The blue one used to have really awful tail-lights. But, i think they are changed into authentic looking ones now as wat we see in the yellow and red.

Yeah, the blue one was their first build. They probably didn't have enough money for the authentic tail lights when they built it, but now that they've sold a few G24 kits they can afford them. =)

Here is a comparison photo of the topless version kit and the original blue one:

I can't really see a difference in the body, just the roof.

the nose is way longer in proportion to the body compared to the real murci. Maybe, it is purposely made to differ from the original murcielago to avoid lawsuits and copyright affairs. They want a to make sure a 12% difference perhaps. >

lets asume, the horizontal length for the front bumper as on the picture as 1 unit.
    3.4 and 4.0 ... it really is a big difference. thee missing 0.6 makes the nose look proportionately longer.Lets just say the body is stretched to 4.0 units. Even then, the lambo will still look wrong, because of length to height ratio. :'(

just look at blueprints (not the toy ones off the internet) and you'll see that the TG is something like 15 inches shorter and 10+ inches narrower than the real thing.

the real taillights they are using now barely fit on these kits since the full sized car is so much bigger.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com