Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 modena with cutom tube chassis

360 modena with cutom tube chassis

i am thinking to build ferrari 360 modena with custom tube chassis.

what kind of engine will fit best to match ferrari 6 speed? probably honda s2000?

do think my project is a good idea to go on with?

any other opinion?

thanks

Re: 360 modena with cutom tube chassis

It's a good idea. Here is a 348 engine with all accessories, and a 355 6 speed engine for sale on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopage...sortpropertyZ1

Keep us updated on your progress. If your going to use Ferrari drivetrain, why not just build a real Ferrari though? You can pick up a salvage title 360 Modena chassis for around $75k (with mild water damage thanks to hurricane season ) and rebuild the drivetrain, replace the interior and VOILA! Real Ferrari 360 modena for around the same price you would spend to build a replica on a tube chassis. Anyways, still a good idea. The 360 is a great car. Do you have a body kit?
    Darren

Here are a few other idea's for drivetrain: BMW 4.0L V8 (out of an M5) with a G50 Porsche transaxle, BMW 3.2L six cylinder put of an E46 M3 also with the G50 transaxle. Both engines have the exotic sound, just plug in a fulll Tubi exhaust system. The M5 V8 is going to have the most comparable performance, both are VERY easy and relatively inexpensive to maintain. I am planning to use the M5 V8 and G50 in my AD 355 Berlinetta.
    Darren

thanks for your respond mate,

i will keep you up to date, the kit is still in progress...first we are still building mold of the custom chassis based on toyota mr2 mk3.

so for future reference anyone will be able to put any engine on it and they wont have to take the original mr2 panel off and modify all panels, parts especially the suspension.

second we will use s2000 engine and transmission on it, we will stick to the mr2's suspension.

the main point is the kit i am building is "ready to fit kit".

cheers

but the s2000 is out of production now, front engined, rear wheel drive, and around 240hp with turbo already :

thats alot of problems to deal with...

i suggest the honda v6 from the early 90s..
    cheap, FWD, and easy to rig up.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

thats a good idea,

any idea on what different brand of v6 engine can be used on different brand 6 speed transmission with some modification?

thanks

almost anything is possible with an adapter plate, but theres no point in a 6 speed.

you won't have a real ferrari transaxle (at least i hope not $$) and no one will pay more for a 6 speed really since it will just make driving more tedious normally and top gear would rarely be used...
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Will it be a coupe (360 Modena), or a spider (360 spider)? Will you do the 360 interior as well?

yep, i will definetely do the interior as well

Try the Audi S4 lump lots of power and its a V6.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.