Thread: is this possible to do ???????

is this possible to do ???????

i was wondering is it possible to pull a kit car on a honda civic or toyota corolla? i dont want to buy a truck to pull it so i wonder if it will work ? what if i put it in netrual ? has anyone tried this before with a small car such as a corolla or civic?? ???

Re: is this possible to do ???????

why do you have to buy a truck....rent one from Uhaul with a car transporter
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

oh , i wanted to use it as a daily transporter. so that i can drive through some of the rough road conditions here . take it to the place i want . then unload it there for use also to save some miles too.

you can get a tow barand weld it on to every single car you tow (ugh) and you'll need trailer lights

otherwise even if you can pull the car with a pickup truck (i've done it) with some belts or steel cables, it's illegal.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I used to tow my jetski behind my acura integra with no problems. I'd say unless your going to tow more then just the kitcar later on just rent. A trailer hitch will run you around $100 + install, then wiring, time.........better off to find another way. If you do want to tow it in the end those cars probably have a tow rating around 2000 lbs. As long as your trailer and kit don't exceed that you should be ok.

forgot to mention that trying to pull a fairly heavy load with a FWD car is gonna be kind of hard since it's technically pulling the load rather than pushing like RWD cars do. anything made to tow is RWD or maybe even AWD..

just get a cheap pickup truck and make it into a tow truck. for about $1200, you'll have your own tow truck rather than renting one or desperately trying to pull with FWD up a hill (not enough traction)
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com