Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: porsche gt1 replica

porsche gt1 replica

theres a company saying they have a porsche gtr replica kit to fit the boxster. www.rallysportreplicas.co.uk ,not to much info, they are selling a brochure about it on e bay at the mo. what happen to mike vetters kit he was doing on a stretched boxster?

Re: porsche gt1 replica

you mean Carrera GT? the kit looks like a great idea but the boxer headlights almost make it a waste of time and money (i didnt guess it was a carrera GT replica even thought i know it was from the text)
    easy fix though
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

;D
    Guess What Spyder's Next Project Is....

I bought this car two days ago. Haven't taken her off the trailer yet.
    I'm going to drive her some and then convert her over to the Carrera Gt, with the right lights.
    I do want to see Mike Vetter's in person before I start tearing the body off.

Hey Mark good to hear you're going to start a new project. Hows the job going? Do you still have the 355 replica? Building the Carrera GT on the boxster chassis will be pretty slick! I bought a body from Steve too, it was actualy the second body made, so I've had it for a while. Not had a chance to assemble anything yet , I designed a tube chassis that I was going to build, But the Boxster setup sounds like it may be the ticket. Have you heard anything new from Mikes build? I saw the pics but nothing as far as how its coming along. Its kind of sad how much has changed from the production GT compared to the GT Steve built. I've been doing lots of updating on the body. This pick is just after I unloaded it. Lots of little peices now.

David

Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Iím very excited to start this new project.
    Iím up for any suggestions on this project!!

Iím trying to make this build simpler than the 355 build. (yep still have the 355)
    I hope using the boxster as the platform is the way to go. Keeping those fingers crossed.

Here are some of my thoughts on the build up:
    Using pretty much stock interior but adding carbon fiber kit, 911 gauge cluster, custom center console that looks like the gt. Dvd player and a couple of screens and couple of 12s.
    Exterior, I havenít decided on the color. Iím leaning toward black or that copper penny color.
    Iíll try to fit 20s on it (Iíve seen 19s), and lower it depending on if I can; and seeing how Mikeís car sits. I donít want that wagon wheel look. lol
    The engine department, keeping it fairly stock but Iím sure Iíll do something with the exhaust to give it a meaner sound. (they do a 911 engine swap on the boxster )
    And the crazy thing is that I will spend a lot less on this than the 355!

I havenít heard anything on Mikes build, but I will call him maybe next week and see, Iíll try to get him to send some pics. I probably wonít start my build until January, Iím going to drive it a little while and see what this little car is about.

Iím still loving my new job. We are moving into a new bigger location next week and we are revamping the whole setup. Thatís one of my specialties.

David, the car looks great just sitting on the ground!
    What kind of mods to the body have you made?
    Keep us posted, cause I need the help.
    I canít believe Iím starting another projectÖ

Mark: Good to hear all is going well for you! I've been following the mods made by Porsche since the concept car came out. The body has made a few changes along with the final wheelbase. I've been able to collect allot of articles and pics
    of the Carrera GT. Detailing the mods .. like the new T-top, larger double humps behind the seats. headlights and tail lights. Door vents a bit larger and that famous functionable wing. I bought a 930 Slantnose a few years ago and have
    studied how it is built and the over all lay out of the car. Porsche really knows how to build top notch vehicles! I'm planning to build a tube chassis as light as possible. Using honeycomb and carbon where ever possible. As far as the body now I'm cutting all the body lines seperate and flanging them all. I have a friend in the neon sign business that helped design hand blown neon in the headlights. I'm getting really excited to put it all together. I'll keep you posted. Please post any pics of Vetter's car if you can. thanks

David

Mike sent me some pics: www.kitcar.cc

Those pics are SWEET! Mikes site was down a while back, I'm glad to see it up and going and even updated. Did you see where he added depth in the rocker/quarter area? This is what I'm going to do also. Before the car looked too long and didn't have the right stance.
    I am also going to add the double hoop like Mike did behind the seats. He's really doing a great job. Having the porsche windsheild frame makes a huge difference. Brings the lines all together.

David

Spyder, which body does Mike have? is it the Euro one or Steve's?

He started with one of Steves body's But has made some awesome and much needs mods to it. What is the Euro one?

David