Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EUROPE and KitCar ?

EUROPE and KitCar ?

Hi there. I am italian, so I live in the State of Ferrari and Lamborghini ...
    I am the President of the Calibra Club Italia, and I have made some experience building up front and rear bumper for my Cali,
    then I took everything off and put interiors I liked...So a few work has been done.
    Now I'd like to buy a KitCar and start building it, but overseas it's way too expensive...
    Are there any GOOD KIT seller in Europe of Ferrari and Lamborghini raplicas ?
    Or do someone know where I can find turnkeys replicas to buy one ?

Best regards and thanks to anyone will help me.

Carlo Gonella
    CalibraClubItalia

Re: EUROPE and KitCar ?

the UK and Romania have lots of kit cars, and i'm sure there are many in germany and france. there are many manufacturers in the UK so it might be worth looking there.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Eh Cali i am in TheNetherlands ,,,

what u said about being over sea's is so untrue....it is not expensive as u think,,,

but yes there r a ton of them in the UK,,allmost as many in america believe it or not...

have a look at any of mine or docurleys posts, we are both in the uk which has a wide veriety of kits, 2 of the best 355 kits come from here in the uk ;D not starting an argument with the us/ca people but we are closer to italy ;D we both have 355 kit from bad designs

Thank you for your replies.
    Do anyone take responsability [ ;D ] to suggest me what to do ?
    I really want a kitcar, but I don't know if it is better to buy a turnkey one to try and study it
    and then beginning a project [ and I have a dream car .. ] or buying a kit and building it.
    Take in consideration in Italy we don't have FIERO, so I don't know which chassis should I use
    Doing one from scratch is toooo difficult and not so sure when I will use...

Can you suggest some links to ask informations ? Best assistance preferred... thank you a lot !

Cali92
    CalibraClubItalia

the UK has a couple of big replica diablo chassis builders that you might look into (but i dont know names)...
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

cali92..there is 2 schools of thought in kit cars,
    1.the enjoyment(or torture!) of building a car from the ground up getting envolved in every aspect,finding and fabricating parts etc getting dirty and staying up late with no social life or..
    2.getting a turn-key replica of your dream car that you can drive and own,letting people think wow look at his car!

As your in italy and fiero's are harder to find than getting modena and songman to kiss and make up :P then you might be better off getting a mr2( can you get them in italy ?) the ferrari 355 replica kit for the toyota mr2 is a lot easier to do than a fiero as there is no cutting or stretching in any way. goto www.355kits.com to see the uk 355 market, it's a bit bias towards extreme but it does have all the 355 kits on there, aslo there is a build site showing a mr2 with a BAD gen 1 kit on http://www.flack1.f9.co.uk/porojectf.../progress.html it has a cost and time break down as well, a good site

Your best bet would be either a tube chassis Lamborghini, or a 2nd generation MR2 355, and/or if you have the money kicking around, the german MR-F 360 kit for the 2000-2004 Toyota MR-S might be an option as well. A MR2 355 kit would probably be the cheapest to put together. Lamborghini kits can be alot of work and alot money. Good luck.

Take a look at my site if your intrested in the BAD kit.

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/curld7/myhomepage/auto.html
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.