Thread: Need info on 355 interior kit.....please

Need info on 355 interior kit.....please

Hi all,

That kit that is on this link......http://stweb.edu.on.ca/sssweb/TTJ-WE...conversion.htm

I heard through another thread that this guy was slowing down on making kits, does anyone know how long he will be in buisness???
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Re: Need info on 355 interior kit.....please

Well Pavo, it was me who said it because it was me who he said it to directly.

And to the best of my knowledge he is going to finish the 4-5 orders he has in line now and then is not going to take on any more. The reason is he says that it takes him 200 full hours to complete a kit. He literally makes about $14 an hour when he does the math. There's just simply no money in it and he doubts seriously anyone would pay anymore for the kit. I'm not his agent or anything but this is simply what he told me last week.

Rob requires a $300 deposit to lock a place in line but I doubt everyone "in line" has paid this already.

Perhaps you can make him an offer he can't refuse or something but if I were you, I'd send him a deposit ASAP with a note requesting a spot in line and make him literally return the cash back to you if he won't take on another kit. That's a strategy that's proven to work as giving refunds isn't always easy to do. You may even just a spot or two for sending money first, who knows.

Rob's a cool guy so I would think that if you showed him you were for real by sending, he would try to accomodate you.

Quote Originally Posted by pavo_rodddy
    Hi all,

That kit that is on this link......http://stweb.edu.on.ca/sssweb/TTJ-WE...conversion.htm

I heard through another thread that this guy was slowing down on making kits, does anyone know how long he will be in buisness???*
    [/quote
    this link no longer works ...do you know how to get in touch with him...thank you ]

Obviously there is a demand for this interior. I was planning on purchasing a one eventually as well. I would hate for him to stop making them because too many people wanted to buy one. Maybe he should try raising the price and see what happens. Perhaps he can produce the kit in a less assembled form to cut down on the hours. What about shipping the fiberglass pieces without doing the finishing work on them? Maybe someone that knows him can get a breakdown of the 200 hours and then we can offer suggestions on how to save time.

Here is a working link to the kit:

http://stweb.peel.edu.on.ca/sssweb/T...conversion.htm

I hope that Rob will keep selling them or finds a way to sell the molds for a profit. He deserves it for this kit. I can understand that he is taking time away from other things to build the interiors, but the dollars thing needs more thought. If he is not a business or claiming any taxes than the $14 an hour is more like $24. Personally, if I could start a business like this I would. Sure, you will have to pay taxes, but the profits can be written off for a couple of years. Write off the car as a demo, and find someone in Hawaii and make a personal delivery...

ShaneW

Just look at the quality of Rob's work...

I opted to go with brushed aluminum accenting to tie into the aluminum interior trim (pedal set, shifter, wheel accenting etc). This is custom and extra over his regular cost but well worth it IMO.