Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 88 Fiero chassis brake upgrade

88 Fiero chassis brake upgrade

I have been talking and asking about a brake upgrade for the 88 for sometime now besides WCF's set.
    http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/022470.html
    I have just meet a local guy near me that runs a machine shop from his home and he understands that we are looking to build our own set at a good price. Rich the owner is a car guy and has built several toys so is willing to help keep the price down.
    So I am asking who here is looking to upgrade there brakes and before you post "if you can keep the price cheap enough", the more we get the lower the price will be?!?!?!?

The inner ring needs to be done on a CNC machine is something so small is not so easy to have made, I am looking at having them done for under or around $15 to $20 a ring (4 rings needed per car) the set up fee for the CNC machine was $60, half of everyone else I talked to, and 1/3 of the price of the first guy I talked with.

The bracket is a thick piece that needs to be dead on, again not so easy to do plus have a thick steal drilled and threaded. We are looking for a $120 set up fee and $25 to $45 a piece, (again 4 needed per car, 2 for the rightside and two opposite for the leftside)

The rotors are going to be $35.98 each at my cost, and these are not the cheap replacement rotors. The list price is $78.99 each!
    He will set up a cool drill press he has that will drill all 5 bolt holes the same everytime for the needed amount of rotors, again depending on how many join us?

I will be taking everyones info. at thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net my name is Bobby and non like the Spec clutch set up I got done I will be taking care of all orders, via Paypal, money orders, and cash. I am hoping to have things started within the first of the year, he is really busy right now and it will help us keep our cost down it we do it in his off season "slow time of the year".

Any questions e-mail me or post it here.
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Re: 88 Fiero chassis brake upgrade

At this time we are loking at 15 sets, is there anybody else wanting in on this?
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

The long awaited price is now ready:
    $195.00 for caliper support bracket and inner hub ring
    $200.00 for redrilled 12" standard rotors with 5 X 100mm bolt pattern
    $380.00 for complete package (standard rotors):
    (#4 12" rotors with redrilled 5 X 100mm bolt pattern,#2 left and #2 right)
    (#4 alum. inner hub rings that will support the rotor on the 88 Fiero hub)
    (#4 caliper support brackets, #2 left sides and #2 right sides)
    Or
    $440.00 for complete package (cross drilled rotors):
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    West Coast Fiero's prices
    $305.00 for there front only set,"1/2 a set" (US stock replacement rotors)
    $255.00 for there front only set,"1/2 a set" (Imported replacement rotors)
    $595.00 for there complete upgrade set (US stock replacement rotors)
    $495.00 for there complete upgrade set (Imported replacement rotors)
    $216.60 for there mounting kit (support brackets and inner hub ring)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EBAY COST:
    $425.00 for a complete set (Standard rotors):
    Or
    $490.00 for a complete set (Cross-drilled rotors):
    (#4 12" cross-drilled rotors with redrilled 5 X 100mm bolt pattern,#2 left and #2 right)
    I am not going to be selling these on Ebay until all forum orders are filled and completed!
    I am still getting things worked out with the several company that I am looking at to supply the rotors, so they should be up for sale soon.
    I am going to have parts being made when I get some more orders in, they will be made and shipped within 3 to 4 weeks of the start date.
    Anybody wanting to place an order, I will need half of the full payment up front, or you can make a full payment if you wish to do so. "The only reason I will need half down is I am buying all 100 rotors up front and paying for the shipping costs, and the # 3 set up costs (bracket set up, ring set up, rotor set up) are also needed up front.

As you can see above I am able to beat WCF's prices and we have made the brackets stronger with adding extra bolt threads and stronger steel. All parts are going to be cut very clean by laser and a sand-water cutter so te brackets will not be heated or worped!!!

And I am sorry to say I don't know yet if they will fit under a 15" wheel, I know they will not fit as they are, they may fit with some mods. and grinding to your caliper.

Again any questions feel free to post here or e-mail me thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks again Bobby

Bobby:

John Watson is looking for a brake upgrade like you're making. Please contact him at 706-328-3311. We were just discussing this a few days ago. It seems the brackets are the big problem with most upgrades. If you have the entire package, he is a player.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Bobby,

Are these available for the 86 rear brackes??

THX

After I complete making and selling these for the 88 I am going to start an 84-87 brake upgrade package. The 88 will not work on pre88's

What is a realistic delivery time on these?

Bobby,

Could I get the front set-up for $200 for now??

-Ron

FunnyWheels, I have tried that number you have given me a few times this week, however nobody has answered. I will try again this weekend. Is there an e-mail address you can send me "PM it to me or e-mail me it", thanks.
    Bobby