Thread: How difficult is this????

How difficult is this????

Hey guys, Does anyone know how difficult it is to go from the 4 cylinder to the 6 cylinder engine for the fiero??? Is there alot I should know?? I would assume its just the wiring harness ,exhaust, and maybe fuel pump,that I have to worry about.Well any help would be great.

Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Re: How difficult is this????

Thanks eeexotic for the info. Do you know of a company that offers an adapter plate for the 6 cylinder and the 5 speed??? Thats whats in my fiero, the 5 speed, and I would like to keep my trans.

RAMSTAR: The link I posted was the thread that was started earlier in the week about the same thing you had asked. Don covered just about all parts that are need to converted or replaced on this conversion. The bellhousings on the 4 cyl and 6 cyl are identical. 4 spd and 5spd are the same as far as the bellhousings go. The Wire harness from the fuse box threw the bulk head and into the engine needs to be replaced as does the fuel pump and dog bone motor mount. I appoligize for the mix up.
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Hey if your going to build a Diablo then come check us out at www.kitcentral.com that place is perfect for Diablo builders.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

Oh so EEExotic, I dont need to worry about getting so type of adapter plate to go from 4 to 6 right?? I guess I was confused after reading the post you sent me. Good thats extra money I will save as well as the headache. Thank you. I would think they would be the same between the 2 of them. But then again you never know.and thank you capt,ginyu for the link I will check it out.