Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are the best japanese V6 engines and transmission for diablo?

what are the best japanese V6 engines and transmission for diablo?

i would really agree to use latest shape supra's engine and gearbox as they are fast and new.

is the supra's engine cheaper than v8/v10/v12 american/ european one's?

will it sell better using supra's engine compared to european/american one's?

cheers

Re: supra engine?

everyone always suggest the supra 1st thing without thinking that its in I6 inline 6 engine, extremely long in terms of engine sizes. in a rear engined car, this would be insanely hard and useless in a kit car.

rover v8 is best (aluminum block and cheap) but not made anymore.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

thanks automx,

is it possible rover v8 engine fitted with toyota mr2 gearbox?

cheers

Donít think the MR2 gearbox could handle the torque but a new favourite that seems to be working is the BMW v12 with an Audi box.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

Well i belive it depends on what type of car your going to build. A Supra engine is exotic and would go perfect with a Lamborghini Diablo SE30 after you put about 5000 worth of aftermarket parts.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

but the problem of supra is its transmission wont fit diablo right?

so can you guys recommend me of what japanese V6 engines and transmission that will fit and perform well to diablo?

thanks very much for your time.

Re: what are the best japanese V6 engines and transmission for diablo?

the mr2 is transverse so even if you got the rover in there, it probably wouldnt fit with wheels and suspension.

japanese transmissions arent really better or longer lasting than others. genrally, german ones are best for high torque and HP.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Quote Originally Posted by halim
    but the problem of supra is its transmission wont fit diablo right?

so can you guys recommend me of what japanese V6 engines and transmission that will fit and perform well to diablo?

thanks very much for your time.
    From what I have heard the tranny is the weak link of any hard driven Supra. At least, that's what the Supra guys around here say.... What about mating to an Audi tranny, or maybe just installing an Audi TT engine & tranny!!! I know, dreaming $$$ again... heheh!
    Sandy

i doubt supras would be much cheaper

the absolute cheapest one here thats isnt an 80 celica-supra would cost $8k

finding an engine would just be "fun" for years to come :P

I wouldn't try any engine swap that hasn't been done befor.What is the doner vehicle?My recomendation would be a 3.8 SC (super Charger)That pumps out 250hp compard to the stock motor of the Fiero V6 2.8 110hp (this stock motor was under rated).Modifieing the 3800 SC could easily bring the hp up to 350hp but that depends how fat your wallet is.The fast imports you see on the streets are highly modified and somtimes totally illegal (depending were you live).They easily spend $10,000 more on engine modifications.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!