Thread: HERE WE GO AGAIN GUYS!!!(GOT TO READ THIS)

HERE WE GO AGAIN GUYS!!!(GOT TO READ THIS)

Its me again and if you thought the autozone story was good you have to here this one from today!!
    * * When I was leaving work,(and as for all of us builders we are looking for the most exotic sounding motor out there for a good price),so off in the distance I hear this incredible sounding motor ,it sounded mean,exotic,fast,cool,the one for us enthusiast!!I turned around and a co-worker said"Man that sounds like a car with muscle!"We turned, and it was a pontiac 6000 (not sure what year)with a mean sounding exhaust BUT GUESS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I WENT TO ASK THE GUY WHAT TYPE OF WORK WAS DONE?????

* * He coundn't hear me,he was deaf.Man of all the luck in the world.He is a very nice guy, I have seen him around but when I even wrote it down to ask him, He just couldnt get what I was trying to ask.Man it was upsetting.had to vent on that one,I thought I finally had some type of answer for us but my option couldnt help me. :P

Re: HERE WE GO AGAIN GUYS!!!(GOT TO READ THIS)

Wow thats preaty crazy,

As far as possible engine work, im not really sure what motor is in the 6000 but im assuming its something along the lines of a 3.0l V6 i guess? (correct me if im wrong) the forum member Shinji if im not mistaken asked DKOV some questions on this forum i think about engine tranplants and sounds. DKOV has utilized i think a 3800SC motor, not sure what mods hes done but in the thread he gave us two links of a real diablo, and his modified 3.8l SC, and let me tell ya, i was SHOCKED!!! i really couldn't tell the difference on low cruising RPM ranges, of course once the diablo hit over 5000 RPM you can kinda tell that ya that ones got 12 crazy bulls under the hood. My best suggestion is to ask DKOV, he might be able to lend you a hand.

ps. not sure if all that information is dead on exact please correct me if im wrong

Well trends, I did get the chance to see the motor,it was a 3600 I believe he had broke a part on the motor and pointed it out to me to see if I knew what it was.but I dont think it was just motor work I think he had a certain exhaust.But I will try your suggestion though thanks.

My car has a 3.4L Twin Dual Cam in it and I didn't get my revs more than 4500 in those sound clips but still, the comparrison was obvious.

Now, considering that my car will rev to 7500+ rpms, I should got out and get a good HIGH revs sound bite and then let you compare

Seriously, the 3.4L TDC or DOHC (smae motor, different years) is the very BEST sounding motor swap available for the Fiero!!!

Not to mention my latest quick burst to 156 MPH!!!

125 MPH is only 4000 rpms in fifth gear with 3500 rpms to go!!!

The 3800S/C will not get those revs and in took a super charger to get close to the same HP as a stock 3.4L DOHC motor. Granted, mines pretty worked over and putting out 322 horse, so it's not quite bone stock but it is STILL normally aspirated

DKOV -

Unfortunatly I dont know so much about american V6 or V8. Here is very easy and cheap find a good condition an italian Alfa Romeo V6 3.0 (12 or 24 valve) and the sound is realy great.
    Im studing the posibility to fit one in a Fiero o built a tubular chassis for a Lambo replica for the dificulties to find Fiero spares here.

Hi all
    I have brought a BMW M5 engine to use in my Diablo Roadster.
    Its a 3.6 litre 315hp and its red mark at 7250rpm and stops at 7500rpm
    Whit a custom muffler I think it will sound nice.

/Odd