Thread: corvette mirrors for 355

corvette mirrors for 355

I have heard that corvette mirrors can be used on F355 builds... I don't recall if they
    are the C4 or C5 vette mirrors. Turkey Rod Run in Daytona is usually loaded with vette
    parts, so I was going to pick up a pair, but wanted to make sure of the proper style.

Does anyone have photos of corvette mirrors mounted on an F355 ?

thanks in advance.
    dave
    dheld@cfl.rr.com

Re: corvette mirrors for 355

Corvette mirros mount on the doors. Is that really what you want?

The way I see it is, that it really does not matter. I mean we would all like the side mirrors to be in the right place but I have yet to see a cost effective way of doing them. Pulling molds from a real side mirror is from what I hear very tough and then trying to incorporate the power option into it no one has been able to do. Also you could buy a nice set of working corvette side mirrors for around $150 and all you have to do is build up the base and connect the wires. Here are some pictures of the car with the side mirrors on. http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=3806.0 I know that the side mirrors can be done but I know that this will not be exact no matter how much trouble we go through. I just want the car to look good and I think the corvette mirrors are a cost effective way of getting another project done so we can get the car on the road sooner. I like building the cars but you know I am going to like driving the car that much more! Just my take on it

C4 mirrors are very similar to fiero mirrors. C5 mirros would be more of what you are looking for

type in mirrors on the search engine...there are other options in the same price range that wont slow down your build

I saw a green wood Corvette in person before and the mirrors were falling of. However the mirrors looked like the ones from a 308 and not a 355. I think the best ones for a 355 are toyota supra mirrors from the years 93-98 because of the way there shaped. But C5s would work though i have seen a real deal 355 before and the mirror look an awful lot like the ones on a C5. Theres a honda civic down the street from were i live and the mirrors on it look somewhat like the 335s.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

I saw some photo's of a Toyota Supra and those mirrors look very cool and I may use them on my project. I was originally going to use the corvette mirrors but I may go to the supra mirrors now. Has anyone used these before and if so how about some photos please. Does anyone on this site know a place that makes a good quality replica 355 mirror. If the quality isn't there then I believe you are better off using the vette or Supra mirrors.

Thanks guys for the imput.
    355coupe

I have some pics but don't know how to post them :-[

Use a little caution when buying side mirrors,I baught a set from the wrecking yard.From a Volvo,but when I held them up to the car,they were at the wrong angle.I also baught a set of baby turbo mirrors,they break off very easily from people walking in betwee the cars. I ended up going with the stock Fiero mirrors,that are used on quite a few GM cars and are extremely sturdy.This isnt a 355 but it is possible and I haven't had 1 person say arn't those GM side mirrors.I'll post a close up later today.

The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!