Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirage X?

Mirage X?

Hi guys....

Anybody have the construction video of the Euroworks Mirage X? I am thinking about this non-stretched Diablo kitcar because I have decided that the NAERC, D&R, Lonestar, and Demone(I forget the company name) are all way beyond my budget. I have a non-stretched countach from Exotic Illusions now and i love it so I figured maybe just go the Mirage X route and save a bundle...I never see them for sale on ebay or anywhere else for that matter including this site...

anybody have any leads for me?

thanks guys
    Eric

Re: Mirage X?

Eh there,,i have to say yes i have the video and i just converted it to dvd,,i am doing the same model,,

Alan is a gr8 guy to chat with ,,i have no problems with him,,just a few months when i have the time i have been chopping up my other fiero.and rebuilding my V12 there is just no time to do it all,,lol

kitcarnut

how much is the price difference non stretched to full size?? I think the amount of work will be almost the same. so for the few $$ more ...you may regret later.

ducattiman, I'm courius how you going to fit theV12 in non stretched model ??

I think its odd that i never see anything about people building this model....
    Ducati...I would love a copy of the dvd or tape...can you give me a price?

what is the price difference? no idea i never did a long version,,,Kitcar what do u mean regret it?

and yes a v12 will fit few custom mounts here and there and no problem,,do the research and get hands on play,,and u have some thing that looks amazing,,sure some of the body style will be changed but other then that it will look cool and different,,

Eh red as for the dvd u pay for a blank dvd and shipping i will burn it for free

kitcarnut

Ducatti, don't get me wrong about the regret !
    in 1990 I bought and bulid IFG 5000S non stretched kit. when finished and then all other kits where poping up ,you know the 25th and 5000 full size and they realy look like a real cars. Mine still looked like the Who's kit car is it?? year later, I sold and got the 25th and now I,m not sorry and the extra 10Ginos.
    Like I said it's only my opinion good luck and let us know in future how's going. Later Eddie

http://www.euroworksexotics.com/
    Don't be fooled by the low price of $4995.00 US. You will need to spend more than that for wheels and tires alone. Not to mention the lights, glass, emblems, switches, interior. You could probably build a decent looking car for about $25000.00. This is why kitcarnut is saying that you would regret it. It is the same amount of work to build a proper looking Diablo.
    V-12 into a Fiero, perhaps with a reverse drive unit, no gas tank and no back window it could be possible. A $15000.00 drivetrain into a car like that doesn't seem to be worth it.
    Sorry..... just my 2 cents worth

JDinner

Thanks for the post...

I already have a set of wheels and tires...but as far as everything else....the reason i was thinkin of going with the non-stretched is cause I think I can do that myself...I cant to the welding of the chassis and would have to sub it out and that is gonna cost me more money whereas the x model doesnt require it.

Ducatti I happen to love the look of the car you are building. I know people will say I'm crazy but when i bought my non-stretched countach I thought that it is cooler looking than the real thing. I dont know if its the squat stance or the difference in the windshield pitch or both but i happen to like the kits on the stock wheelbase. Also I am told that many of the stretched fiero's tend to sacrafice the ride quality...just what I heard...

I didnt mean to start a war here between stretched vs. non on the diablo...my preference would be to do the stetch but I really don't think i can spend upwards of 50k to do a kitcar...

Eric

If you are planning on using a fiero and not changing the engine you can get a kit from IFG and have the car done for less then $25,000.00. I am building a 6.0 from IFG for Jen and the car is almost done. The only thing that is holding her car up is I am finishing my 355. A quick brake down: 1) 6.0 kit, $11,000.00 2) Fiero pre-stretched $2,500.00 3) Fiero machanical work $500.00 4) Custom rims $2,150.00 5) 300zx headlights $350.00($17,500.00) Plus paint job {Purple (royalty :} $3,000.00 ($20,500.00) That leaves $4,500.00 for upholstery and stuff that I am going to buy from NAERC to make the car more authentic. Time wise: 8 hours body mounted on chassie and welded, 2 hours shopping for shocks for the front and rear deck lid and tune-up parts, 3 hours connecting all the latches, hinges, lights and shocks. Waiting for the rims and tires. other then that I am tring to get my car done first. I the begining I was extremely nervous on getting an IFG but I took a chance and compared to my car the IFG 6.0 was a sinch. Check out Jen's 6.0 build process on this forum I am going to do some updates. I hope this helps.

Yeah i know what i am getting into..

i am not trying to copy the diablo,,i know it is a short base kit,,but u have to look outside the box..the style is there with a few mods,,it will confuse people and it wont look like crap either..

((((((V-12 into a Fiero, perhaps with a reverse drive unit, no gas tank and no back window it could be possible.))))))))

to answer this,,,yes it is a reverse drive unitmmbut not the ones u'r thinking of,,the tank is fine where it is at,,,and yes with the kit u have to loss the back window