Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitcars Or Tricked out cars?

Kitcars Or Tricked out cars?

I have always wondered what kitcar builders think of this new of genration of "SPEED" and there drivers hooking up there moms old civic or dads old supra when working and school at a young age. Personaly i dont like the idea of spending 50k+ on a civic or supra i would rather buy an Ultima GTR or GTM, Cobra if i want performance. But thats me.

Most youngster such as myself are into this new crap of putting supra headlamps with corvette tail lights and lamborghini doors. I dont like Lambo doors on a civic or any other car besides a lambo, You might as well build a repilca. People are always complaning about there car has to be diffrent from the next guy but how many civics do you see with twin turbo and a outrageous body kit? Vs a Fiero or custom chassis setup, I have never seen to kitcars being built alike. Plus you get to customize the chssis, engine, sispention, axels,exc you build the car from the ground up!.

I would rather go with cars because theres more to offer besides Hondas, Toyotas, Mazadas and plus kitcars have changed since the 80s so these days your not building around a Fiero. the import world your building around a honda civic"wow thats better than the ENZO"(thats how most people in the import world refer to one). Theres so many ways to build a kitcar that there will never be another lamborghini replica or Ferrari like yours. What do you guys think? Whats your opinoin on this Fast and the Furious tread of cars?
    So whats wrong with a replica?

Re: Kitcars Or Tricked out cars?

It can be argued either way. So to put it simply, "To each his own". My personal dream was to design and build my own car someday. Doing a re-body/kit car is just a learning step in the process. Besides, the engineering and build in a lot of the "Ricers" is just as difficult as doing a kit car. Just as a re-body is as "easy" as bolt-ons. Just depends on how you look at it.

my $.02 worth... ;D

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

the truth i think is money , if ricers have enough money to buy the entire thing they will. if not then they will start putting a little money in at a time to work with what they have . then when they put enough money into a whatever rice car they have or can afford, then hope its fast and pimp. if they cant afford a kitcar then they will say ahhh it sucks, its fake , its slow, its cheap around 10k. or its a fiero . then your kit has a fiero interior. just jeolous stuff like that. interesting story huh? i ask all of my friends about a lambo replica and all 100% of them said DONT GET THAT! they said to buy a bmw ,corvette,porsche,mercedez,or even a honda or toyota instead. anything is good except a kit car.why the hell would i want something that everyone has on the road. it all comes down to money for ricers and jeolousy of other people. i dont care what others say i will get what i want . they can buy their hondas , bmws or how about the great corvettethat they want so much. but not for me. ;D just my 2 cents.

i agree in my oppinion in some states how often do you see a lambo or a ferrari driving? in my home town i have only seen one lambo and no ferrari's. so what do you think might turn heads faster a car that is rarely seen driving or a car that ppl have suped up, painted all different colors, lowered and or more? i think the rarely seen car would get more attention even if its a kitcar.
    I dont wanna grow up i'm a Toys R Us kid

One family, many relatives !, the lines between tricked or kit, are very blurred, taking a civic and replacing lots of parts with carbon fiber hood, custom fenders , bodykit, uprated brakes, new seats , extra instruments, is not that much less work than putiing another body on a mr2 or fiero is it !!!. I tend to find that the replica/kit community tend to be "engineers" of some type/branch and are seeking that "i did it my way " satisfaction, that only comes with the major undertaking that is building a car from scratch. Just think if we could get some of these groups that are willing to spend 10 -20k on "pimpin their ride" to invest in the companies that want to make/sell kit cars maybe we could get kits that did not need major surgery to perform their intended function (fit and line up)

aconcepts

if we did that it would not be called a kit .All of the fun is maken it fit and taken the time to make something out of nothing
    I do them all street racer or ricers and kits also as some would say but beauty is in the eye of the beholder .a car is a car no matter what you do to it but to the owner it is his or her passion for a awsome ride custom designs are the best way to go why copy something when the design is hideing in are heads lets take them and put them to reality so with that said take some time and think of what you would do to turn your car into a awsome ride before asking a question you already know yourself .if you realy want to do something like this make a plug that fits to the body that is there i did with the talon and many others here in az

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder , then proportion is everything, one mans dream vision is another mans nightmare, even the OEM's cannot get it right all the time, (aztec springs to mind). Given the expense of plug/molds etc etc and the desire to make a buck we have a world of replica's or almost replica's, and whilst i enjoy a challenge as much as the next man, if the kit "did what is said in the advert!" so to speak, then maybe we might get a few more of those unique designs we so love, and a few less ebay adverts for abandoned projects.

aconcepts

the aztec is a nice car that jerald made i like it
    is a vector
    and plug i know plug i made more then can say
    but to make it fit like you want it it would take years
    to complete to made every last pice fit that would be something
    but with kits it is better to get them out and have other make the road of there own
    fit and finsh
    but you are wright
    i have made every thing from mythos to the mc12 mc14 elana and others like the skyline gtr body kit
    i like to make them and hope people will like them did you know it has been 3 years on my mc14 kit
    so fit and finsh will be there
    all the way to the door jambs and jambs for the deck and hinge drop points in the casting

I agree with lovetogofast im not into ricercars. Im not a big fan of putting lots of time and money into a car that your likely going to see again. Personaly i dont like ricers and they think its ok to put lamborghini doors on there civic theres no a problem what so ever. But when a fiero has a lamborghini body they think its very ugly but i would rather have the complete lamborghini than parts of other cars molded on my car.

There isnt a big seletion when it comes to ricers if you look into most of the mags you will see at least 5hondas vs 1 or lambos every other month on kitcar mag. Kitcars have much more to offer than just a body kit. an Aztec7 would get more attention than a vette or supra because people wouldnt know what it is.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

but heres the bigger question...when you put a 355 kit on a mr2(turbo or not) do you mod the MR2's engine so you can actually beat the people that come along once in awhile and try and race you? im not talking about the civics that youd see daily but the others like M3s,actual 355s and other highend cars?or would you leave it stock and get laughed at when that EVO or STi flies right past you...